By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
haxxiy said:
Spain-Germany finals would have been better. Spain is just too good for Italy.

This is the dumbest post in this thread. Congrats

Consider this

Spain 4-0 Italy (2012)

Spain 1-0 Germany (2008)

Italy-Germany 2:1(2012)

and you have to consider Italy tried to attack had misfortune with the first goal and lost and men after 70 mins

I agree Italy were unfortunate but my point is that the original post was not as "dumb" as you stated

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
haxxiy said:

Consider this

Spain 4-0 Italy (2012)

Spain 1-0 Germany (2008)

and you have to consider Italy tried to attack had misfortune with the first goal and lost and men after 70 mins

Yeah, and Spain 1-1 Italy (2012) Previous results means nothing...

Also, Italy could have easily scored three more goals against Germany, but then again, that means nothing. They were the best teams in the tournament without a clear superior until today's match, when Spain showed us why they are the best in the world.

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
haxxiy said:

Consider this

Spain 4-0 Italy (2012)

Spain 1-0 Germany (2008)

I agree Italy were unfortunate but my point is that the original post was not as "dumb" as you stated

It was dumb doubting Italy right to be in the final. They played the best football until today, they have crushed "Let´s call it Germany" and have been the only team that scored a goal against Spain in this tournament.

lestatdark said:
Naninho said:

After seeing Spain's match against Portugal, and Barcelona's latest games this season, I thought Xavi was for retirement. But today, he was at his best again. His assist on the second goal was amazing! Man of the match, for me.

It's unbelievable that the only major tournament they lost since 2008 was against people that don't even know the name of the sport they were playing...

To be fair, Portugal managed to dry almost any attempt that Xavi and Iniesta tried to do, at least in the 90 minutes of regular time, but I agree, his form on the last games of Barça's season was not his regular one. Still, I believe any team in the world would use a Xavi even in bad form...

Sure! Portugal was pretty good during the regular time, and I think Pepe was its best player (even when I hate that guy). But Spain improved greatly once Xavi was subbed, and they were far better in the overtime.

So the real Final was Portugal vs Spain and Spain Won.

Congrats to our neighbors.

Around the Network

So let's add yesterday's result to the historical table:

EURO Statistics

Final

Third place match

Year

Host

Winner

Score

Runner-up

Third place

Score

Fourth place

France

USSR

2–1

Yugoslavia

Czechoslovakia

2–0

France

Spain

Spain

2–1

USSR

Hungary

3–1

Denmark

Italy

Italy

2–0 replay

Yugoslavia

England

2–0

USSR

Belgium

Germany

3–0

USSR

Belgium

2–1

Hungary

Yugoslavia

Czechoslovakia

5–3 ps

Germany

Netherlands

3–2

Yugoslavia

Italy

Germany

2–1

Belgium

Czechoslovakia

9-8ps

Italy

Final

Year

Host

Winner

Score

Runner-up

Losing semi-finalists (1)

France

France

2–0

Spain

Denmark and Portugal

Germany

Netherlands

2–0

USSR

Italy and West Germany

Sweden

Denmark

2–0

Germany

Netherlands and Sweden

England

Germany

2–1

CzechRep

England and France

BEL & NED

France

2–1

Italy

Netherlands and Portugal

Portugal

Greece

1–0

Portugal

Czech Republic and Netherlands

AUT & SUI

Spain

1–0

Germany

Russia and Turkey

POL & UKR

Spain

4–0

Italy

Germany and Portugal

(1) No third place match has been played since 1980; losing semi-finalists are listed in alphabetical order.

Euro 2016 will be hosted by France.

Argh_College said:
I want Germany to win today not because i dont like the Italians because Italian people are so cool, at least the one i know. But i want Germany to win because they are the only team that can put up a fight againt Spain in the Final. i Hope the finals go into Penalties and Germany wins. They have to feel what i felt yesterday, it was painfull, the most painfull hurt i´ve ever felt in my life.

Well done Spain. Still reckon Spain V Germany would have been more fitting. Germany had 100% record upto semi-finals.

Slimebeast said:
Best national team in history. Invincible.

Great win by Spain. 4- nil. Spain ripped Italty to pieces and deserved to win back to back Euro titles.

World Cup Final in 2014 looks like a lock in for Spain. 

That was insane. 4 - 0?! I had every reason to believe that Spain could pull this off but this is just beyond everything I ever imagined. Congrats to Spain!