By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

DanneSandin said:
Bong Lover said:
pezus said:
Bong Lover said:

That's more like it! 

Hvers konar tölvuleikjafyrirtæki er Sony? Af hverju herma þeir ekki nákvæmlega eftir Nintendo? < pretty cryptic stuff

One would be tempted to think it means something along the lines of:

What the (slang swearing) is Sony doing? Is there anything that they don't copy straight from Nintendo?

Ég er bara að skrifa niður það sem mér dettur í hug, ekki endilega eitthvað sem er erfitt fyrir Norrænt fólk að skilja. Ég uppfærði núna titilinn á þessum þræði! Ókeypis íslenskukennsla!

In all fairness though, Icelandic is pretty out there. I don't spend too much time reading it :) I think the Swede is at a disadvantage here though, Icelandic is much closer related to Norwegian than Swedish.

Så sant som det är sagt! I'll say this: Sweden is in a disadvantage when it comes to understand all other nordic/scandinavian languages! Norwegian and danish really look ALOT like each others when written, no one understands finish ppl and Iceland is too far away to be bothered by ;)

Icelandic is very very similar to Old Norse. In Norway kids learn (some) Old Norse which at least gives some sort of footing to read icelandic. Norsk slik som du sikkert hører det snakket er egentlig en variant av dansk. Det er mange norske dialekter som er mer 'riktig' enn bokmål som det heter hvis du ser historisk på det. Reading Danish is very easy for Norwegians, understanding spoken Danish however,... impossible for anyone. Faktisk er dansk så mongo at dansker selv ikke forstår hva de sier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Around the Network

bork jorg dorg slorg krorg

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
Bong Lover said:
pezus said:
Bong Lover said:

That's more like it! 

Hvers konar tölvuleikjafyrirtæki er Sony? Af hverju herma þeir ekki nákvæmlega eftir Nintendo? < pretty cryptic stuff

One would be tempted to think it means something along the lines of:

What the (slang swearing) is Sony doing? Is there anything that they don't copy straight from Nintendo?

Ég er bara að skrifa niður það sem mér dettur í hug, ekki endilega eitthvað sem er erfitt fyrir Norrænt fólk að skilja. Ég uppfærði núna titilinn á þessum þræði! Ókeypis íslenskukennsla!

In all fairness though, Icelandic is pretty out there. I don't spend too much time reading it :) I think the Swede is at a disadvantage here though, Icelandic is much closer related to Norwegian than Swedish.

Så sant som det är sagt! I'll say this: Sweden is in a disadvantage when it comes to understand all other nordic/scandinavian languages! Norwegian and danish really look ALOT like each others when written, no one understands finish ppl and Iceland is too far away to be bothered by ;)

Lol, that's a good summary, especially liked the Finnish part.

It's funny because it's true! :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Bong Lover said:
DanneSandin said:

Icelandic is very very similar to Old Norse. In Norway kids learn (some) Old Norse which at least gives some sort of footing to read icelandic. Norsk slik som du sikkert hører det snakket er egentlig en variant av dansk. Det er mange norske dialekter som er mer 'riktig' enn bokmål som det heter hvis du ser historisk på det. Reading Danish is very easy for Norwegians, understanding spoken Danish however,... impossible for anyone. Faktisk er dansk så mongo at dansker selv ikke forstår hva de sier:

Hahahaha! damn I'm LOLing!!! hahahaha!!! But I've acctually heard that danes don't understand each other if they come from Copenhagen or Jylland...

It's really cool you're learning old norse in school! It would be soooo sweet if we had the same opportunity! It is after all a part of our culture and history. As far as I understand there's only like a few letters that seperates norwegian and danish? But I don't really understand why you have nynorsk and bokmål... that's the name for them, right?

Andrespetmonkey said:
bork jorg dorg slorg krorg

yes! yesss! you're getting the hang of it!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Bong Lover said:
DanneSandin said:

Hahahaha! damn I'm LOLing!!! hahahaha!!! But I've acctually heard that danes don't understand each other if they come from Copenhagen or Jylland...

It's really cool you're learning old norse in school! It would be soooo sweet if we had the same opportunity! It is after all a part of our culture and history. As far as I understand there's only like a few letters that seperates norwegian and danish? But I don't really understand why you have nynorsk and bokmål... that's the name for them, right?

This might not be relevant for the thread, but bokmål is a form of Norwegian that evolved during the 400 years of Danish rule in Norway. Nynorsk is a language that was constructed in the 1850 and is based on the 'original' dialects still spoken in various parts of the country. It was (is?) an attempt to reclaim a more traditional Norwegian language.

Also: Aaaah! Kamelåså!!!

Where are the specs????????

The only relevant spec I see is 1.5 GB of system RAM.

But what matters is the type, speed and RAM of the GPU.

We know nothing yet. But judging from the games they've shown it's about on par with a PS3.

Slimebeast said:
Where are the specs????????

The only relevant spec I see is 1.5 GB of system RAM.

But what matters is the type, speed and RAM of the GPU.

We know nothing yet. But judging from the games they've shown it's about on par with a PS3.

nah, it should be well ahead of the PS3, like it should be able to do The Last of Us in native 1080p with higher aa , higher texture res and some added dx11 effects, but ofcourse at the start of the gen games won't be even close to touching the full potential of the console

They never release that information. We will not find out that stuff until Tom's hardware or some other tech site gets their hands on one and do a tear down.

Bong Lover said:

This might not be relevant for the thread, but bokmål is a form of Norwegian that evolved during the 400 years of Danish rule in Norway. Nynorsk is a language that was constructed in the 1850 and is based on the 'original' dialects still spoken in various parts of the country. It was (is?) an attempt to reclaim a more traditional Norwegian language.

Also: Aaaah! Kamelåså!!!

Might not be relevent to the thread? haha it sure as hell is!! We've hijacked this thread now! We'll rename it "The awesomeness of Viking extravaganza"!!!