By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

Batman is not a port. It was optimized for Wii U. (It will most likely run at 60FPS.)

It's still a port. A port can be optimized. A port doesn't mean the game will be the same, ports can change drastically. Batman: AC on Wii U is definitely a port, probably from the 360 version. They've added controller support and I think it's 1080p, not sure about th frame-rate. 

Yeah, it's an Optimized Port.

It's just called a port pie...

Every port is optimized to every system it's on to a certain extent, we do not call them optimized ports. 

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

That would be a bad move by Nintendo...they will not get 3rd parties on board by having 60 FPS requirements for ports of 30FPS games.

LOL. Even more conformation of devs being lazy as hell.

-_- I hate it when people say this. Maybe in some rare instances developers are lazy, but the vast majority of them aren't and will do whatever it takes within reason to make the best possible game. You have to realise developers are on budgets and have a set amount of time to complete a project. 

Andrespetmonkey said:

Every port is optimized to every system it's on to a certain extent, we do not call them optimized ports. 

Whatever you say.

I think the good ports should be seperated from the bad ones.

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Whatever you say.

I think the good ports should be seperated from the bad ones.

Sure, the good ones are called 'good ports' and the bad ones are called 'bad ports.'

It's just called a port, no matter how well or poorly it's been optimized. Just saying

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is all Icelandic to me. All I want to know is how much more powerful this is compared to the 360/PS3?

I'm with spurge on this one! Except that I actually do understand Icelandic to a degree, so it's more like Chinese to me...

Hmmm...do you? :O

Yeah, I'm swedish - so I understand swedish, norwegian, danish (which isn't a real language - it's like they're speaking with food in their mouth!), and I have studied German, so I know german and can therefore also read and understand a bit of... netherlandish??? Holland...ish??? DUTCH! Dutch I know as well yes... if I read. Don't understand a word if they speak! Kinda like danish ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is all Icelandic to me. All I want to know is how much more powerful this is compared to the 360/PS3?

I'm with spurge on this one! Except that I actually do understand Icelandic to a degree, so it's more like Chinese to me...

Yeah, I'm swedish - so I understand swedish, norwegian, danish (which isn't a real language - it's like they're speaking with food in their mouth!), and I have studied German, so I know german and can therefore also read and understand a bit of... netherlandish??? Holland...ish??? DUTCH! Dutch I know as well yes... if I read. Don't understand a word if they speak! Kinda like danish ;)

Hey! I speak Swedish too!

Hooty tooty fruity too! Hoo-dy doo-dy? Humpy gumpy tutti fruti.

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:

Swedish, norwegian, danish indeed...but Icelandic? Completely different! Hvað er ég að segja núna?

Vad är det jag säger nu?

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

Swedish, norwegian, danish indeed...but Icelandic? Completely different! Hvað er ég að segja núna?

You might want to pick some more difficult Icelandic for your demonstration. Even I know what you are saying, and I am an idiot who barely speaks any language at all.

Bong Lover said:
DanneSandin said:

Hey! I speak Swedish too!

Hooty tooty fruity too! Hoo-dy doo-dy? Humpy gumpy tutti fruti.

Evryone can speak swedish if they really try to!

ja ja, bjorka bork borga Helga und Inga kottbollar hahaha

Jag har en tolv tummars penis