By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

pezus said:

The PS3/360 ports will run at 30 FPS. Will they drop frames if you use two controllers?

Err... no? What kind of question is this? 

If it's a port I'm sure the dev will want you to use Nintendo's Wii U Pro Controller. Port = copy, right? If it's a copy it won't have the special intigration of the GamePad.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

The PS3/360 ports will run at 30 FPS. Will they drop frames if you use two controllers?

If it's a port I'm sure the dev will want you to use Nintendo's Wii U Pro Controller. Port = copy, right? If it's a copy it won't have the special intigration of the GamePad.

Uhm, did you not see Batman? 

Batman is not a port. It was optimized for Wii U. (It will most likely run at 60FPS.)

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Uhm, did you not see Batman? 

To answer the first orginal question it would be no. If the port is not at 60 fps I doubt that it will drop since there is some optimizion of the code that has to be done to make it go 60 fps and some developers don't want to take the time. (ie lazy) So there should be plenty of power not being used.

Obviously I can't talk by personal experiences, but it's what I heard from who has played the game in L.A.

NintendoPie said:

Batman is not a port. It was optimized for Wii U. (It will most likely run at 60FPS.)

It's still a port. A port can be optimized. A port doesn't mean the game will be the same, ports can change drastically. Batman: AC on Wii U is definitely a port, probably from the 360 version. They've added controller support and I think it's 1080p, not sure about th frame-rate. 

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

It's still a port. A port can be optimized. A port doesn't mean the game will be the same, ports can change drastically. Batman: AC on Wii U is definitely a port, probably from the 360 version. They've added controller support and I think it's 1080p, not sure about th frame-rate. 

Yeah, it's an Optimized Port.

pezus said:

No, that is what a port is. Doesn't matter if it's "optimized". There are good ports and bad ports, however. I really, really doubt it will run at 60FPS though...

It seems like they might have to. Maybe Nintendo wants to actually have some "next-gen" games for their next-gen console.

ethomaz said:

lilbroex said:

Now that more like it and YES!!!!! They added the Tesselation unit. That automatically make it superior to any console to date.

X360 already have a tessalation unit... Halo Reach, Crisis 3, etc  uses it.

x360's tesselation unit is VERY premature compared to the one in the Wii U

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

ethomaz said:
TadpoleJackson said:
ethomaz said:
forest-spirit said:

I want Smash Bros. to support six players!

Two Wii U's pad controllers causes fps drop .

30FPS is pretty standard... Only one PS3 game runs at 60FPS in multiplayer that I can think of. A few more for the 360. I really don't see the problem here :3

For this gen? No problem...
For next gen? That's a big problem...

Wii U Pro Controller duh

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

pezus said:

That would be a bad move by Nintendo...they will not get 3rd parties on board by having 60 FPS requirements for ports of 30FPS games.

LOL. Even more conformation of devs being lazy as hell.

Anyway, they might as well. They'll have to do it for Sony and X360 these coming years.