By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

I came to this thread expecting Wii U information,

and leave with a two year's worth of college education in Icelandic. Fuck yeah.

Around the Network

Everything is fine, except the RAM, it could be too little and make, later through next gen, ports from PC and 8th gen competitor consoles unnecessarily difficult. Obviously 1st parties will thrive on it, considering they had less than 100MB on Wii, but 3rd parties could be quite pissed off.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

spurgeonryan said:
You know you want some Mass Eff3ct 3 action on the Wii U pezus.

Is this one of those "choose your own adventure" book type things? I suppose I need to be interested in it, now that its coming to a nintendo system I plan to own (in two years).

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

spurgeonryan said:
I saw a mister tumnous in there...

How do you say" Don't destroy my site" in iclanerc?

Ekki vefsvæði svarturdauði minn ekki gera

So definitely more powerful than current console hardware. The tri-core CPU is apparently capable of 4 threads per core so a full 12 threads. Not sure how useful this will be immediately considering most games currently don't use more than 4 threads which is why a Core i4 2500K is just as good for most games as a hyper-threaded Core i7.

The RAM will be the most important and at 3 times more than current consoles is a definite plus. I do wonder how much RAM the connection with the tablet takes up though. The EDRAM is also a major plus making anti-aliasing effectively free.

The GPU is perhaps the most disappointing as it's 'only' an R7xx which I'm guessing is analogous to a 4850. Still much better than the GPUs in the PS3 and 360, but a bit dated.

Around the Network

Why do I see Icelandianciadora all over this thread?!

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Read the thread title before entering!

Don't false advertise! It isn't free, I have to read it. Reading isn't fun, free is fun. You are wrong.

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
Lollipopanon said:
Generally graphics get better on hardware the further into the lifecycle you are. The developers seem to take time to figure out the best way to code for the system, so I'm sure games will look better as we go. Regardless I'm sure the Wii U is more powerful/capable than the current gen systems, but I guess we will have to see how it compares to the 720/PS4

So far the games, especially Pikmin 3 and that one Trine game, look really good for launch titles!

Trine 2 is being ported to Wii U?

Yup, and it looks fantastic.

this is neat.

but since i already got me trine on PC then i'm getting Trine 2 on PC as well, you know.

wfz said:
I came to this thread expecting Wii U information,

and leave with a two year's worth of college education in Icelandic. Fuck yeah.

That's what VGC is all about!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Read the thread title before entering!

hahaha LuLz! I love the new direction this thread is taking :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.