By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War 2 director talks Wii development

http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/2008/01/questions-questions-questions.html

D: any intrest of making a game on the wii? hahaha

YES! Even though I was less than impressed with my Wii, as well as a lot fo the games I have played, I would love to make a game on this system. I think there is a lot to be done with it. Plus...it’s like a BILLION times cheaper to make a Wii game versus a 360 or PS3 game...which is good. Making a 40 or 50 million dollar game is cool, I love making big games don’t get me wrong, but you have soooo many more masters with their hands in the creative pot when that kind of money is getting thrown around. Hopefully when the game industry becomes more comfortable with those budget numbers things will get better. I mean, we were just getting used to 20-30 million when the next gen came around and now big games are costing double. I heard MGS4 costs 70 million. Which actually sounds ludicrous to me, but in a way it doesn’t if you factor int he MGS4 and MGS online...and the tons of cinematics and long development time...it could get up to that.

But what do I know?

Around the Network

That's a very enthusiastic reply, and with him saying that he is not impressed with most games he has played on the Wii would make him strive to make a good game, obviously he recognizes the potential to be had.

we need more developers willing to get their hands dirty on the white box here--come on in the waer is great guy

Even Sony Developers love making games for wii

naznatips said:

http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/2008/01/questions-questions-questions.html

D: any intrest of making a game on the wii? hahaha

YES! Even though I was less than impressed with my Wii, as well as a lot fo the games I have played, I would love to make a game on this system. I think there is a lot to be done with it. Plus...it’s like a BILLION times cheaper to make a Wii game versus a 360 or PS3 game...which is good. Making a 40 or 50 million dollar game is cool, I love making big games don’t get me wrong, but you have soooo many more masters with their hands in the creative pot when that kind of money is getting thrown around. Hopefully when the game industry becomes more comfortable with those budget numbers things will get better. I mean, we were just getting used to 20-30 million when the next gen came around and now big games are costing double. I heard MGS4 costs 70 million. Which actually sounds ludicrous to me, but in a way it doesn’t if you factor int he MGS4 and MGS online...and the tons of cinematics and long development time...it could get up to that.

But what do I know?

i like the bolded parts. That's why you are going to see huge 3rd party support on Wii, it's actually very hard for a Wii game to not make a profit with such a big userbase and so low development costs.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Meaningless.

Actions speak louder than words and, until we see developers taking action on the Wii, all their talk is meaingless.

70 million $ :o ... thats just huge , I never thaught that it will pass the 40 million ... thats just freaking huge . Maybe technology did evolved a bit fast :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Meaningless.

Actions speak louder than words and, until we see developers taking action on the Wii, all their talk is meaingless.

Not nearly as meaningless as your reply.  Of course people would rather see action, but the opinions of major developers are important as well.  His is especially interesting because he used to be a big attacker of the Wii.

I remember reading in a magazine that FFX cost over 100 million, making it the most expensice game of all time (but I think that's been surpassed now)

I wonder if anyone remembers when we found out the size of the development team of Metal Gear Solid 4 and I estimated the budget at $40 to $80 Million and was attacked by Sony fans that it would NEVER cost more than $20 Million ...