By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War 2 director talks Wii development

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Meaningless.

Actions speak louder than words and, until we see developers taking action on the Wii, all their talk is meaingless.

Not nearly as meaningless as your reply. Of course people would rather see action, but the opinions of major developers are important as well. His is especially interesting because he used to be a big attacker of the Wii.

You don't know the opinions of major developers.

What you know is what comes out in press statements and interviews which may or may not reflect reality as they see it. Haven't you heard enough double-talk to realize that taking pretty much any public statement at face value is folly?

The fact that this guy "used to be a big attacker of the Wii" and is suddenly going full throttle in the opposite direction should be sounding some warning bells at any rate.

Used to be a big attacker of the Wii refers to comments he made a full year ago now. He also isn't "suddenly going full throttle in the other direction." He mentioned specifically that he wasn't happy with a lot of games on the Wii. That doesn't mean he wouldn't like to make any of his own.

As far as press statements and interviews being doctored up for the public, does this really look like a guy trying to be politically correct and make sure he doesn't offend anyone? These are completely off the cuff comments that he stuck on his blog after an interview. Hell, he even made a typo. This isn't a company owner. This isn't a head of PR. This is just a developer shooting off some feelings he's got about systems.

You're boring me WoW. If you have nothing constructive to add, leave the topic.

Around the Network

Hehe... you are a bit jumpy lately, naz :)

Well if AC could sell (being a new IP & comparatively low reviewed) sell 1.5 million +

MGS4 should have NO problem breaking 3 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The only reason sony devs. like making games for the wii is cost factor. With PS#, you flop once? You probably dont get another chance. Any new company now will most likely start out on wii because they dont have 30 mill to throw down on a 50 hour long rpg.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

tokilamockingbrd said:
Hmmm, I did not realize that it cost so much to make games for the PS3/360... MGS will have to sell upwards of 2 million before Konami will even make a profit.

I think you're assuming Konami gets a lot more money per sale than they do.  2 million would be a very optimistic point for break-even if the numbers we're reading are true.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Used to be a big attacker of the Wii refers to comments he made a full year ago now. He also isn't "suddenly going full throttle in the other direction." He mentioned specifically that he wasn't happy with a lot of games on the Wii. That doesn't mean he wouldn't like to make any of his own.

As far as press statements and interviews being doctored up for the public, does this really look like a guy trying to be politically correct and make sure he doesn't offend anyone? These are completely off the cuff comments that he stuck on his blog after an interview. Hell, he even made a typo. This isn't a company owner. This isn't a head of PR. This is just a developer shooting off some feelings he's got about systems.

If you want to believe him then go ahead.  I'm not trying to convince you that this guy is peeing on your head and telling you it's raining.  I'm just telling you to look up once in a while.

As for being boring, had I known all you wanted was for people who agreed with you to reply I wouldn't have bothered.  You can continue your "exciting" thread without me if that's your sentiment.

kuraobi said:
If you sell a game at 60$, the developper usually gets about 30% at best, so let's say Konami will get 20$ from each MGS4 sold. So to break even if the game actually cost 70 million, they have to sell 3.5 million copies.

There still the marketing cost that must be add to it. I saw that Lost planet cost like $20m of marketing so it might cost the same for MGS4 also.

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

If you want to believe him then go ahead. I'm not trying to convince you that this guy is peeing on your head and telling you it's raining. I'm just telling you to look up once in a while.

As for being boring, had I known all you wanted was for people who agreed with you to reply I wouldn't have bothered. You can continue your "exciting" thread without me if that's your sentiment.

I never said to take every thing in here as fact, I just said it was interesting.  You are the one who said it was meaningless, implying there was nothing of value in the interview.  Nice to see you can change your tune rather quickly though.  

By boring I just meant that you weren't adding anything interesting to the discussion, rather than specifically not agreeing with me.  I don't really care what your opinion is in relation to mine as long as you can back up your opinion with a logical debate, which you failed to do.  

Hey Rol, how are you Sunshine?

ArtofAngels said:
Hey Rol, how are you Galaxy?

Better.