By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War 2 director talks Wii development

On another note, I'd like to see him comment on the 360 and PS3 game selections. There are a lot of garbage titles on the Wii, there are also some really good games on it obviously.

Why would he make a public statement like this on his blog (about him wanting to make Wii games) while still employed by Sony. He obviously knows his website is being checked by Sony employees. Why take the risk commenting on a competitors system even if you aren't using a company run forum to do so?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
On another note, I'd like to see him comment on the 360 and PS3 game selections. There are a lot of garbage titles on the Wii, there are also some really good games on it obviously.

Why would he make a public statement like this on his blog (about him wanting to make Wii games) while still employed by Sony. He obviously knows his website is being checked by Sony employees. Why take the risk commenting on a competitors system even if you aren't using a company run forum to do so?

Kansas City Shuffle?

Either that or he's just not thinking. 

Rath said:
ArtofAngels said:
Hey Rol, how are you uh.. Brothers?

Keep up the trend!

Ha!  Lets see you beat that^^

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Nick said:
Rath said:
ArtofAngels said:
Hey Rol, how are you RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars?

Keep up the trend!

Ha! Lets see you beat that^^

Beaten in my opinion

DarkNight_DS said:

He can say whatever he wants because he knows if Sony fires him, Nintendo will hire him. Hell, Nintendo might just make him an offer now that they know he is interested even if Sony doesn't fire him. 

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
ssj12 said:
NJ5 said:
FishyJoe said:

If MGS4 really costs $70 million, it's going to need 3-4 million sales just to break even.

That would put into context MGS4 needing 1 million sales on the first day.

Indeed. When I saw that statement, I thought it was pretty strange, but this puts it in a new light. MGS3 sold 3.96 million, which means MGS4 has to sell as much as its predecessor just to break even.

HappySqurriel said:

I wonder if anyone remembers when we found out the size of the development team of Metal Gear Solid 4 and I estimated the budget at $40 to $80 Million and was attacked by Sony fans that it would NEVER cost more than $20 Million ...

I do in fact remember that. I remember some people were saying that you had no idea of how much a developer costs in Japan, even though we all know it's a very expensive country to live in. It's now proven that you were spot-on with your calculations.

Doesnt matter much if Sony is paying for most of the development costs.

Indeed. But what about the next game? (not a next MGS, another 50+ million $ game) What if this happens to FFXIII as well? Will Sony be able to fund all those projects? Will they want to? Will the 3rd parties think it's worth it or they'll switch to cheaper games / platforms?

I think the better question would be: should that be necessary? Should the industry be in a situation where third parties can't even afford to make their own games anymore? I think it speaks volumes about the financial difficulties the industry is facing.

If the game doesn't live up to the gigantic sales that would be required at a 70 million dollar budget, somebody is losing money, whether that is Konami, or Sony. Whoever paid. That isn't a sustainable situation. 

With all that said, I personally doubt this game actually costs this much. It sounds, to me, like a developer just taking a shot in the dark.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Rath said:
Nick said:
Rath said:
ArtofAngels said:
Hey Rol, how are you RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars?

Keep up the trend!

Ha! Lets see you beat that^^

Beaten in my opinion

I thought we were only working with the main series.  Even with the inclusion of other Mario's, I don't think I would change my opinion.  That was a unique feeling I got the first time I played SMB on NES.  I might have played games before SMB, but it's SMB that turned me into a gamer.  I guess that's why it holds a special place in my heart.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Woah I thought we were going for most ridiculous or clever names that have 'Super Mario' as a prefix.

We have been going at cross purposes here.