By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War 2 director talks Wii development

Does anyone know what type of agreement if any Konami actually has with Sony in regards to MGS4? Is it actual payment or waiver of licensing fees?

Around the Network

Well I decided for bed afterall, nighty night (or morning)

ArtofAngels said:
Well I decided for bed afterall, nighty night (or morning)

Sweet dreams, AOA.

Back.

I layed in bed for 5 mins and I just knew someone replied to me somewhere.

Bugger sleeping, I'm just going to have a shower instead :D

If MGS4 cost like 70m how much can FFXIII possibly cost? 90m?

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Does anyone know what type of agreement if any Konami actually has with Sony in regards to MGS4? Is it actual payment or waiver of licensing fees?

Sony doesn't pay for exclusives.  They earn them.

Seriously though... I don't.

Off topic you have all moved from gow developer talking about the wii, to cheaper development = better game argument(yea sure).

mM
leo-j said:
Off topic you have all moved from gow developer talking about the wii, to cheaper development = better game argument(yea sure).

No cheaper development = more chance of breaking even.

Thats what game devs look for. 

Why is everybody talking about how much MGS4 needs to break even? If you invest $70 millions in a game, you expect huge profits from it, atleast double that money, so MGS4 has to sell atleast 8 million copies to satisfy the developer :)

joora said:
Why is everybody talking about how much MGS4 needs to break even? If you invest $70 millions in a game, you expect huge profits from it, atleast double that money, so MGS4 has to sell atleast 8 million copies to satisfy the developer :)

I agree with this. Greater reward is expected with greater risk.