By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 -- September Update!

What are the odds of the 360 beating the PS3 for 2012?

100% 24 17.52%

85-99% 11 8.03%

70-84% 3 2.19%

50-69% 15 10.95%

30-49% 8 5.84%

15-29% 8 5.84%

1-14% 11 8.03%

NO Chance at all 53 38.69%

Pudding Cakes 4 2.92%

Total:137
Runa216 said:
smroadkill15 said:
Runa216 said:
wait, people actually think Microsoft is going to be bringing something to the table at E3? the only big announcement they've made for the platform in the last two years was Halo 4....and that'll be big, but it won't be a super mega seller.

I would go out on a limb and say that Battle Royale will push more consoles than Xbox 360...Battle Royale is new to the HD consoles, whereas all halo fans already have 360s.

If Halo 4 isn't a "super mega seller" then what is?  

I mean it's not gonna be pushing consoles.  the game will easily break 10 million sold, but I can't see it having a mega huge impact on console sales, as it's a fair assumption that all halo fans already have a 360 (what with 3, reach, ODST, and Wars)

and yet every COD game pushes a few 100k consoles extra every year.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Runa216 said:
smroadkill15 said:
Runa216 said:
wait, people actually think Microsoft is going to be bringing something to the table at E3? the only big announcement they've made for the platform in the last two years was Halo 4....and that'll be big, but it won't be a super mega seller.

I would go out on a limb and say that Battle Royale will push more consoles than Xbox 360...Battle Royale is new to the HD consoles, whereas all halo fans already have 360s.

I mean it's not gonna be pushing consoles.  the game will easily break 10 million sold, but I can't see it having a mega huge impact on console sales, as it's a fair assumption that all halo fans already have a 360 (what with 3, reach, ODST, and Wars)

And Halo Reach pushed a couple 100k consoles as well. Pretty much any game with a limited edition console will push consoles.

I am surprised xbox 360 still breathing considering PS3 owned the most populated regions in the world. Congrats PS3!

yo_john117 said:
Barozi said:
Runa216 said:
smroadkill15 said:
Runa216 said:

And Halo Reach pushed a couple 100k consoles as well. Pretty much any game with a limited edition console will push consoles.

limiting all consoles will be the key to success next gen^^

I believe that the gap in june will be around 120k in PlayStation 3 favor.

Around the Network

Still plenty time to turn it around.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

PS3 up on last month & on the same time last year. Excellent.

Why do you people even bother, the gap is supposedly at 2.1 mil now, in a few months there could all be adjustments and the gap could end up being 2.8 million. The PS3 has lost anyway, it hasnt sold half what the PS2 has while the 360 has sold almost 3x the amount of the original. It also sold more games.

The_Murray said:
Why do you people even bother, the gap is supposedly at 2.1 mil now, in a few months there could all be adjustments and the gap could end up being 2.8 million. The PS3 has lost anyway, it hasnt sold half what the PS2 has while the 360 has sold almost 3x the amount of the original. It also sold more games.

Shhhhh....don't be such a negative nelly. PS3 is winning now. That's all that matters. We live in the present, not the past.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

TheKoreanGuy said:
A price cut could really help out PS3 sales. It is currently the most expensive console out of the three.

No. No. No, it's not.

Nintendo Wii = $140-150

MicroSoft X360 (250GB) = $300

Sony PlayStation 3 (160GB) = $250

Oh, you're counting something without a dark drive. Man, oh man, you are a fan boy aren't you. $90 is the cost for MS 60GB HDD, so that puts the cheapest system realistically at $290 (250GB @ $110). For the new S revision though 250GB is the smallest option at $100, so you're at $300 all over again. The 360 is by a large margin the most expensive console on the market.