By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 -- September Update!

What are the odds of the 360 beating the PS3 for 2012?

100% 24 17.52%

85-99% 11 8.03%

70-84% 3 2.19%

50-69% 15 10.95%

30-49% 8 5.84%

15-29% 8 5.84%

1-14% 11 8.03%

NO Chance at all 53 38.69%

Pudding Cakes 4 2.92%

Total:137
The_Murray said:
Why do you people even bother, the gap is supposedly at 2.1 mil now, in a few months there could all be adjustments and the gap could end up being 2.8 million. The PS3 has lost anyway, it hasnt sold half what the PS2 has while the 360 has sold almost 3x the amount of the original. It also sold more games.

The better question is, why do "fanboys" like yourself for example seem to insist to discredit a strong push from a respective company all because you don't really like (or have) the console. And yea, trash talk poor PS3 sales when the 360 is in the same sales territory. Hate to tell you, that bragging for the 360 tripling sales sales from the original XBox is beyond crazy talk. Sane people would say that it isn't hard to triple those sales as the original XBox was a big flop. It caught the market by storm early on my releasing in the next generation first at a good launch point. By since then, they have been losing market share on a constent level to Sony's Playstation 3.

Look at the whole picture, stop hating on consoles and looking at your bias as 'fact'.

Around the Network
Pesmerga7551 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
A price cut could really help out PS3 sales. It is currently the most expensive console out of the three.

No. No. No, it's not.

Nintendo Wii = $140-150

MicroSoft X360 (250GB) = $300

Sony PlayStation 3 (160GB) = $250

Oh, you're counting something without a dark drive. Man, oh man, you are a fan boy aren't you. $90 is the cost for MS 60GB HDD, so that puts the cheapest system realistically at $290 (250GB @ $110). For the new S revision though 250GB is the smallest option at $100, so you're at $300 all over again. The 360 is by a large margin the most expensive console on the market.

No. No. No, it's not.

The cheapest X360 4GB is 199,99.

The cheapest PS3 is 249,99.

X360 250GB + 2 games = 299,99

PS3 320GB without game = 299,99.

Pesmerga7551 said:
The_Murray said:
Why do you people even bother, the gap is supposedly at 2.1 mil now, in a few months there could all be adjustments and the gap could end up being 2.8 million. The PS3 has lost anyway, it hasnt sold half what the PS2 has while the 360 has sold almost 3x the amount of the original. It also sold more games.

The better question is, why do "fanboys" like yourself for example seem to insist to discredit a strong push from a respective company all because you don't really like (or have) the console. And yea, trash talk poor PS3 sales when the 360 is in the same sales territory. Hate to tell you, that bragging for the 360 tripling sales sales from the original XBox is beyond crazy talk. Sane people would say that it isn't hard to triple those sales as the original XBox was a big flop. It caught the market by storm early on my releasing in the next generation first at a good launch point. By since then, they have been losing market share on a constent level to Sony's Playstation 3.

Look at the whole picture, stop hating on consoles and looking at your bias as 'fact'.

This quote shit never works on here anymore.

@Pesmerga

Nice assumptions there considering I have a PS3 and not an Xbox, I guess thats the typical reaction of actual fanboys huh? It doesn't matter if it's winning now, it's still last, in hardware, software and while the others two saw a huge leap in sales, PS3 saw a huge decline.

It also doesnt matter what the circumstances of the original Xbox were as the 360 still nearly trippled it anyway and done far more in software while the PS3 couldnt even outsell the PSP which has hardly any good games.

Pesmerga7551 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
A price cut could really help out PS3 sales. It is currently the most expensive console out of the three.

No. No. No, it's not.

Nintendo Wii = $140-150

Oh, you're counting something without a dark drive. Man, oh man, you are a fan boy aren't you. $90 is the cost for MS 60GB HDD, so that puts the cheapest system realistically at $290 (250GB @ $110). For the new S revision though 250GB is the smallest option at $100, so you're at $300 all over again. The 360 is by a large margin the most expensive console on the market.

Has anyone reported you for this yet? I can see you are new here, so pay atention: do NOT call people fan boy (ever, but in this case it's as a response to a true-ish statement, so it's wrong wherever you look at it from).

Around the Network
Pesmerga7551 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

No. No. No, it's not.

Nintendo Wii = $140-150

Jesus dude xD calm down.

"PS3 is trailing the PSP, no doubt, which makes sense given the PSP released in 2005, the PS3 a year later. Seeing how the PS3 continues to outsell it on a weekly / yearly basis (and nearly everything else for that matter), however, there's no doubt it will eventually pass it.

Also, "PSP hardly having any good games" is obviously debatable."

It really shouldn't matter if the PSP was released a year prior to the PS3, its been 6 years and the PS3 is still a whopping 10 million units behind even though PSP has very few good games and the PS3 has all the biggest and best games. Even now the PS3 isnt outselling the PSP for a very long time and its just a portable console.

Also you saying that its debatable shows theres some truth in it.

Up to update!

Also the gap is back at 2 million.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Updated for the month. PS3 gained a 150k lead for the month for a total of 1.08 million yearly gap.

I'll wait until the beginning of August to update the thread for adjustments.