By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
oldschoolfool said:
companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Because they're so blatantly blatant about it. I found that phrase fun. :)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
famousringo said:
One the one hand: This is embarrassingly derivative.

One the other hand: Given how many Street Fighter clones there have been over the years, it's kinda incredible that the massively successful Smash Bros. hasn't already been cloned to pieces.

Given that Sports Champions has sold roughly 1/10th the number of units as Wii Sports Resort, I estimate lifetime sales of this game will reach approximately 1 million.

1. Its not a move game. This game should not be equated with Sports Champions vs Wii Sports Resort.

2. Its a console controlled game. The expectation should be higher. It has the potential to sell 3-5 million copies and if bundled more than that.

My "estimate" was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Should've made that clear.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Ajescent said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Ajescent said:
oldschoolfool said:
companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

It's funny how this comment appears whenever there's a conversation like this but yet it keeps going.

Y U NO GRAMMAR THO?!

Eh?

Even worse, you can't even tell what's wrong ~Oh the humanity!

selnor said:
Jay520 said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Nintendo has a true memorable lineup. Sony just doesn't have it.

Hell Microsoft has only 1 in Masterchief. Sony doesn't even have one to match MC let alone Nintendo.

Sorry Sony but these characters will be forgotten in 10 years. Nintendos wont.

They don't have to be memorable in ten years. They barely have to be memorable now tbh.

Well I disagree. Part of the charm of the first time I played Smash Bros on  the N64 was the characters and the worlds you fight in.

Otherwise Id just play Soul Calibur.

Who knew who Ness was when Smash Bros launched? How about Pit? Lucas? Marth? Roy? Did you know Capt. Falcon was the driver in F-Zero? How about Mr. Game and Watch?

I sure didn't, but maybe you did.

That right there is why you can't claim that things will be forgotten in "X" number of years, because there is always someone who will remember them, just like there were some who knew these characters.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@Jay520 I don't hate system exclusvies. It's just that a first party developer is making this type of game. Other Smash like games were made by third party developers so it didn't really bother anyone with the gameplay.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

While it's a pretty blatant copy that isn't necessarily a bad thing - such a game doesn't really exist on Sony platforms before here.

The real weakness is going to be in the roster unless they can pull in some serious third party characters. Given what they've shown though, I'm not certain about that. Sony simply doesn't have strong enough first party characters to populate a game like this.

One of the most naive arguments that keeps popping up is that Sony does not have enough memorable characters to make the game worthwhile. Do these people stop to realize that one of the things that makes Smash Bros. so great is its ability to make popular characters from Nintendo's more obscure franchises?

I had no idea who the hell Captain Falcon was before the original Smash Bros. How many people knew who Roy, Ike, or Marth was before they came to Smash Bros. What about Ness? Does anyone actually view the Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch as iconic? No but we know about them now because of Smash Bros. Hell Brawl including Pit helped resurrect the Kid Icarus franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

little big plant kart and now this

what a great day today, anyway OT:

this is a colossal waste of an opportunity and when it bombs should be buried and never spoke of again, and to the studio with no imagination what so ever, either move to Nintendo or go multiplat but never waste Sony's and it's fans time ever again

ZaneWane said:
little big plant kart and now this

lol