By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Ajescent said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Parappa hasn't had a game in how long? yet people are still able to figure out who he is....yet, you are still saying there's no memorable character in the line up? Give the fuck over. Kratos is barely out of the scene and you are already claiming amnesia? And Nathan Drake as well seriously man pull your shit together, the game isn't coming out in ten years time, the game is coming out at the end of the year. They don't need to be "memorable" they just need to be playable.

Additionally, When Tekken first came into the scene, I remember thinking hey Heihachi, I remember you!!!!

You are talking to selnor here.....

Uncharted series has sold 17 million and yet this guy thinks Drake isn't memorable. He is the second most famous guy on Playstation 3.

You need to see that 17 million next Mario, Sonic, Link, Fox Mcloud, Pokemon etc is like saying Ferraris sell well in comparison to Fords.

Like I said Drake is nowhere near known like Nintendos caracters are.

You need to realise that Sonys characters arent that memorable. They never have been. There best known characters are now third party.

Snake, Crash and Spyro.

Do not compared cars sold in limited supply to mass marketed and affordable cars to gaming. Please don't it hurts the credibility of what you're saying.

Around the Network
selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Ajescent said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Parappa hasn't had a game in how long? yet people are still able to figure out who he is....yet, you are still saying there's no memorable character in the line up? Give the fuck over. Kratos is barely out of the scene and you are already claiming amnesia? And Nathan Drake as well seriously man pull your shit together, the game isn't coming out in ten years time, the game is coming out at the end of the year. They don't need to be "memorable" they just need to be playable.

Additionally, When Tekken first came into the scene, I remember thinking hey Heihachi, I remember you!!!!

You are talking to selnor here.....

Uncharted series has sold 17 million and yet this guy thinks Drake isn't memorable. He is the second most famous guy on Playstation 3.

You need to see that 17 million next Mario, Sonic, Link, Fox Mcloud, Pokemon etc is like saying Ferraris sell well in comparison to Fords.

Like I said Drake is nowhere near known like Nintendos caracters are.

You need to realise that Sonys characters arent that memorable. They never have been. There best known characters are now third party.

Snake, Crash and Spyro.

You still haven't responded to my last point. These characters don't have to be memorable in 10 years, because PABR won't be selling then. They only have to be known today and in the next few years, when PABR is selling.

Yeah, it copied everything including the Wii's graphics.

I honestly am surprised that they didn't make a game more similar to Tekken of Street Fighter since I think that's more along the lines of what most Sony fans would but what do I know?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

superchunk said:
Jay520 said:

When I saw that you were the last poster, I was expecting something along the lines of "Even Sony knows that Playstation games don't sell on Playstation consoles, now they're making Nintendo games." You dissapoint again, Rol.

lol, I wish I had thought of that line... pure gold.

I guess I could just copy it and repost. That's what others do.

So you would just steal my idea?!? I guess you really do have no honor.

I'm greatly displeased by this game. Not because  it's a Smash Bros Clone, and because of the gaming media, Sony, and Sony fans.

The fact that Sony can come out and Shamelessly rip off Smash Bros. and have the fans and media completely eat it up just sad. I'm honestly sick and tired the gaming media always damaging controlling for Sony. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this you best believe that the gaming media would absolutely destroy them.Now what's even funnier is the fan reaction. They gladly accept a blatanly SSB clone and claim it as different simply because it has different characters. Just from reading this thread you can see all the arrogance from the sony fans. 

I've already read comments making fun of any Smash Fans that dare call out this game. I just can't get over the fact that the SSB fans are being called jealous, defensive, and basicly fanboys for getting upset. And thats what bugs me the most, it's like whenever Sony copies Nintendo nobody can call them out. I'm mean Sony is literally the biggest troll. They hired tools like Kevin Butler to do these commercials that shamelessly mock the other video game companies and take their ideas. I mean just watch the move commercials they blatanly steal Nintendo's ideas and have the balls to then mock them and the fans eat it up. I mean just looking at fans say stuff like everyone copies everyone and what only Nintendo can make a 4 player fighting games just shows the arrogance of the fans.

This game makes me lol, in fact I find it hilarious that Sony would stoop to this level and even have Kaz joke about the final boss being a Nintendo laywer.

And the fans just eat it up and act like Sony is the best.

One last note: I know the OP had specific rules and such about being very selective of wording. But honestly this game to me is a shameless rip-off that's how I feel.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Around the Network

companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Jay520 said:
superchunk said:
Jay520 said:

When I saw that you were the last poster, I was expecting something along the lines of "Even Sony knows that Playstation games don't sell on Playstation consoles, now they're making Nintendo games." You dissapoint again, Rol.

lol, I wish I had thought of that line... pure gold.

I guess I could just copy it and repost. That's what others do.

So you would just steal my idea?!? I guess you really do have no honor.

Honor is not needed if I get recognition and laughs.

happydolphin said:
Areym said:
Why would you even make this thread? That's just asking for animosity to be spread between Sony and Nintendo fans...who should focus on taking down Microsoft anyways.

hehe. In all seriousness though, that's not my intention. I just want to see if there are others who feel like I do, especially Smash Bros. fans, and see if I have reasons to think so, or if I do, going by the game aspects. For that I need more fans of smash to post their views on this.

It's all good. Let's just hope we can all act like adults about this.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

oldschoolfool said:
companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

It's funny how this comment appears whenever there's a conversation like this but yet it keeps going.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Walkthrublazer3 said:

I'm greatly displeased by this game. Not because  it's a Smash Bros Clone, and because of the gaming media, Sony, and Sony fans.

The fact that Sony can come out and Shamelessly rip off Smash Bros. and have the fans and media completely eat it up just sad. I'm honestly sick and tired the gaming media always damaging controlling for Sony. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this you best believe that the gaming media would absolutely destroy them.Now what's even funnier is the fan reaction. They gladly accept a blatanly SSB clone and claim it as different simply because it has different characters. Just from reading this thread you can see all the arrogance from the sony fans. 

I've already read comments making fun of any Smash Fans that dare call out this game. I just can't get over the fact that the SSB fans are being called jealous, defensive, and basicly fanboys for getting upset. And thats what bugs me the most, it's like whenever Sony copies Nintendo nobody can call them out. I'm mean Sony is literally the biggest troll. They hired tools like Kevin Butler to do these commercials that shamelessly mock the other video game companies and take their ideas. I mean just watch the move commercials they blatanly steal Nintendo's ideas and have the balls to then mock them and the fans eat it up. I mean just looking at fans say stuff like everyone copies everyone and what only Nintendo can make a 4 player fighting games just shows the arrogance of the fans.

This game makes me lol, in fact I find it hilarious that Sony would stoop to this level and even have Kaz joke about the final boss being a Nintendo laywer.

And the fans just eat it up and act like Sony is the best.

One last note: I know the OP had specific rules and such about being very selective of wording. But honestly this game to me is a shameless rip-off that's how I feel.

Good thing the OP agrees roflrofl