By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The thing that makes me mad about this is that it's made by a first party studio from Sony.

So you hate it because it's a PS3 exclusive? You hate all PS3 exclusives?

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Ajescent said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Parappa hasn't had a game in how long? yet people are still able to figure out who he is....yet, you are still saying there's no memorable character in the line up? Give the fuck over. Kratos is barely out of the scene and you are already claiming amnesia? And Nathan Drake as well seriously man pull your shit together, the game isn't coming out in ten years time, the game is coming out at the end of the year. They don't need to be "memorable" they just need to be playable.

Additionally, When Tekken first came into the scene, I remember thinking hey Heihachi, I remember you!!!!

You are talking to selnor here.....

Uncharted series has sold 17 million and yet this guy thinks Drake isn't memorable. He is the second most famous guy on Playstation 3.

You need to see that 17 million next Mario, Sonic, Link, Fox Mcloud, Pokemon etc is like saying Ferraris sell well in comparison to Fords.

Like I said Drake is nowhere near known like Nintendos caracters are.

You need to realise that Sonys characters arent that memorable. They never have been. There best known characters are now third party.

Snake, Crash and Spyro.

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Honestly, I wouldn't call that very similar to Smash Bros.

Just take it as a sign of how defensive some people are. It's pretty obvious that it can't be denied that PASBR is heavily inspired by SSB, so the only option left for these people is to prove that Nintendo copied somebody else first.

They should just get over it and enjoy their PS3 game.

When I saw that you were the last poster, I was expecting something along the lines of "Even Sony knows that Playstation games don't sell on Playstation consoles, now they're making Nintendo games." You dissapoint again, Rol.

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Nintendo has a true memorable lineup. Sony just doesn't have it.

Hell Microsoft has only 1 in Masterchief. Sony doesn't even have one to match MC let alone Nintendo.

Sorry Sony but these characters will be forgotten in 10 years. Nintendos wont.

In your opinion.

Your telling me in 10 years people will say hey you know Drake, you know Drake from that Playstation game. DRAKE you know, gun, cover chased down artifacts. NOooooooo not Lara Croft, Drake you know. DRAKE GOD DAMN YOU.

Sony doesnt have lasting memorable characters. Does Sony have any from 20001/2002 that are widely remembered to this day?

yea basically all of them

i cant picture too many people who played those games back then who would look at the character now in this game and say "who the hell is this guy"

but i can see somebody like microsofts blinx character being forgotten if MS decided to make a game like this

hell Twisted Metal never really sold bucket loads and Sweet Tooth is still a remembered character

i dont know where your logic of a memorable character is coming from..

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:

Nintendo has a true memorable lineup. Sony just doesn't have it.

Hell Microsoft has only 1 in Masterchief. Sony doesn't even have one to match MC let alone Nintendo.

Sorry Sony but these characters will be forgotten in 10 years. Nintendos wont.

In your opinion.

Your telling me in 10 years people will say hey you know Drake, you know Drake from that Playstation game. DRAKE you know, gun, cover chased down artifacts. NOooooooo not Lara Croft, Drake you know. DRAKE GOD DAMN YOU.

Sony doesnt have lasting memorable characters. Does Sony have any from 20001/2002 that are widely remembered to this day?

Yep, especially if an Uncharted movie is made. The game is screaming for a movie to be made about it. Even the guy from Firefly wants to be Nathan Drake if a film was to be made.You could literally make a long list of the most successful Sony exclusives whether first, second or third party and they would be considered Iconic over the past fifteen years.

Could you please name some???

Snake, Crash and Spyro are all out. And they are the most memorable in that length I can think of.

Any Uncharted film will be crucified next to Indian Jones. It just will. Final Fantasy was made into a film but that isnt remembered outside hardcore circles.

Nintendo characters are known by many. Like Masterchief is.

Id agree that Crash and Spyro are known hugely to, but Sony dont own them.

Crash and Spyro may have been let go, but they were owned and made exclusive for Sony by a company they owned. They will always be remember exclusively to the Sony name whether as a first party or a third. Snake is synonymous. Nathan Drake is a mainstay. Games will be made about Nathan Drake for years to come. Uncharted is an amazing franchise.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Ajescent said:
selnor said:

Parappa hasn't had a game in how long? yet people are still able to figure out who he is....yet, you are still saying there's no memorable character in the line up? Give the fuck over. Kratos is barely out of the scene and you are already claiming amnesia? And Nathan Drake as well seriously man pull your shit together.

No these are not known characters.

They are nowhere near Ninty levels or Masterchief for recognition.

I dont feel stupid saying this either. Its fact.

Its like me saying Banjo and Kazooie are well known.

For example if people were asked to name characters from video games in the street, Sonys would be at the bottom with Microsofts. Only Masterchief would be near the top. The top would be all Nintendo and Sega characters with 1 Microsoft character. Its fact. Sony characters do NOT have the pulling power Nintendos does.

Hence wy I believe this game already is 2nd to Smash Bros. Its characters are just there as fillers.

I agree there's a difference between Ninty level fame and and Sony level fame

To me, it's the difference between a Ferrari and a Honda.

Girls go crazy for Ferraris but doesn't mean they won't know what a Honda is. 

Whilst people won't be queuing around the block for this game, that doesn't mean it should never be made. The fact it's being made is a comment on the robust history the playstation name has. 15+ years of history is not to be sniffed at, it's not like they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with the names we know so far.

Granted we only know what 6-10 names? But these names whilst not "Nintendo level" are not exactly no marks, when they were around they had respectable pull and recognition and for you to dismiss them because they aren't nintendo or Master Chief is just a pile of something in my opinion.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Jay520 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The thing that makes me mad about this is that it's made by a first party studio from Sony.

So you hate it because it's a PS3 exclusive? You hate all PS3 exclusives?

He hates a lot of the PS3's best exclusives then. What a shame.

Ajescent said:
selnor said:

Parappa hasn't had a game in how long? yet people are still able to figure out who he is....yet, you are still saying there's no memorable character in the line up? Give the fuck over. Kratos is barely out of the scene and you are already claiming amnesia? And Nathan Drake as well seriously man pull your shit together, the game isn't coming out in ten years time, the game is coming out at the end of the year. They don't need to be "memorable" they just need to be playable.

Additionally, When Tekken first came into the scene, I remember thinking hey Heihachi, I remember you!!!!

It's called the internet, anything can be deemed "memorable" by that definition since you can search for almost anything and it'll turn up

Memorable means that it's notable enough that even casuals/non fans will know what you're talking about (without having to look it up)

selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Ajescent said:
selnor said:

You are talking to selnor here.....

Uncharted series has sold 17 million and yet this guy thinks Drake isn't memorable. He is the second most famous guy on Playstation 3.

You need to see that 17 million next Mario, Sonic, Link, Fox Mcloud, Pokemon etc is like saying Ferraris sell well in comparison to Fords.

Like I said Drake is nowhere near known like Nintendos caracters are.

You need to realise that Sonys characters arent that memorable. They never have been. There best known characters are now third party.

Snake, Crash and Spyro.

17 million in one freaking gen.

You have gotta be kidding me.

Spyro has sold less than Uncharted has. According to vgc anyway.

Jay520 said:

When I saw that you were the last poster, I was expecting something along the lines of "Even Sony knows that Playstation games don't sell on Playstation consoles, now they're making Nintendo games." You dissapoint again, Rol.

lol, I wish I had thought of that line... pure gold.

I guess I could just copy it and repost. That's what others do.