By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
Walkthrublazer3 said:

I'm greatly displeased by this game. Not because  it's a Smash Bros Clone, and because of the gaming media, Sony, and Sony fans.

The fact that Sony can come out and Shamelessly rip off Smash Bros. and have the fans and media completely eat it up just sad. I'm honestly sick and tired the gaming media always damaging controlling for Sony. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this you best believe that the gaming media would absolutely destroy them.Now what's even funnier is the fan reaction. They gladly accept a blatanly SSB clone and claim it as different simply because it has different characters. Just from reading this thread you can see all the arrogance from the sony fans. 

I've already read comments making fun of any Smash Fans that dare call out this game. I just can't get over the fact that the SSB fans are being called jealous, defensive, and basicly fanboys for getting upset. And thats what bugs me the most, it's like whenever Sony copies Nintendo nobody can call them out. I'm mean Sony is literally the biggest troll. They hired tools like Kevin Butler to do these commercials that shamelessly mock the other video game companies and take their ideas. I mean just watch the move commercials they blatanly steal Nintendo's ideas and have the balls to then mock them and the fans eat it up. I mean just looking at fans say stuff like everyone copies everyone and what only Nintendo can make a 4 player fighting games just shows the arrogance of the fans.

This game makes me lol, in fact I find it hilarious that Sony would stoop to this level and even have Kaz joke about the final boss being a Nintendo laywer.

And the fans just eat it up and act like Sony is the best.

One last note: I know the OP had specific rules and such about being very selective of wording. But honestly this game to me is a shameless rip-off that's how I feel.

i thought Sony was the comany that got crucified for copying and if another company does it, it is just swept under the rug like with the Wii copying the Xavix(i love Nintendo by the way)

and i wanted Sony to make a smash bros like game because Sony has so many franchises and MEMORABLE characters that it was basically a no-brainer

but yea when Sony copies a company, it is basically blasted and is usually the 1st thing mentioned when something is brought up but it's a different story when other companies do it

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
My confusion with this is Sony doesn't have any memorable characters. Its true. Kratos, Parapa the Rapa, Drake they are all forgetable.

Nintendo has a true memorable lineup. Sony just doesn't have it.

Hell Microsoft has only 1 in Masterchief. Sony doesn't even have one to match MC let alone Nintendo.

Sorry Sony but these characters will be forgotten in 10 years. Nintendos wont.

In your opinion.

Your telling me in 10 years people will say hey you know Drake, you know Drake from that Playstation game. DRAKE you know, gun, cover chased down artifacts. NOooooooo not Lara Croft, Drake you know. DRAKE GOD DAMN YOU.

Sony doesnt have lasting memorable characters. Does Sony have any from 20001/2002 that are widely remembered to this day?

Yep, especially if an Uncharted movie is made. The game is screaming for a movie to be made about it. Even the guy from Firefly wants to be Nathan Drake if a film was to be made.You could literally make a long list of the most successful Sony exclusives whether first, second or third party and they would be considered Iconic over the past fifteen years.

Could you please name some???

Snake, Crash and Spyro are all out. And they are the most memorable in that length I can think of.

Any Uncharted film will be crucified next to Indian Jones. It just will. Final Fantasy was made into a film but that isnt remembered outside hardcore circles.

Nintendo characters are known by many. Like Masterchief is.

Id agree that Crash and Spyro are known hugely to, but Sony dont own them.

Crash and Spyro may have been let go, but they were owned and made exclusive for Sony by a company they owned. They will always be remember exclusively to the Sony name whether as a first party or a third. Snake is synonymous. Nathan Drake is a mainstay. Games will be made about Nathan Drake for years to come. Uncharted is an amazing franchise.

I firmly believe Uncharted will not be on PS4. It wont. I will be massively surprised if it is. Also next time I play one of the 4 Crash games on 360 I'll be sure to remember Sony. Same with one of the 4 Spyro games this gen. And the full back catalogue on Games On demand via Xbox Live.

Or when I play Metal Gear Solid 2 on my 360 or 3. Then te rumours of 1 and 4 being a bundle next year for HD consoles.

Anyways its pointless talking to Sony fans, about their franchises. The world doesnt know them like they think. Wy else did Uncarted 2 score 96+ yet be ousold by several other HD franchises this generation.

amp316 said:
Yeah, it copied everything including the Wii's graphics.

I honestly am surprised that they didn't make a game more similar to Tekken of Street Fighter since I think that's more along the lines of what most Sony fans would but what do I know?

No I don't want that. How many Tekken or Street Fighter type games do we have today? How many SSB type games do we have today?

Ajescent said:
oldschoolfool said:
companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

It's funny how this comment appears whenever there's a conversation like this but yet it keeps going.

Y U NO GRAMMAR THO?!

I do think that Fat Princesses love of cake being incorporated into the game should help this game fly off of the shelves.

Off of the shelves into the bargain bin.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Walkthrublazer3 said:

I'm greatly displeased by this game. Not because  it's a Smash Bros Clone, and because of the gaming media, Sony, and Sony fans.

The fact that Sony can come out and Shamelessly rip off Smash Bros. and have the fans and media completely eat it up just sad. I'm honestly sick and tired the gaming media always damaging controlling for Sony. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this you best believe that the gaming media would absolutely destroy them.Now what's even funnier is the fan reaction. They gladly accept a blatanly SSB clone and claim it as different simply because it has different characters. Just from reading this thread you can see all the arrogance from the sony fans. 

I've already read comments making fun of any Smash Fans that dare call out this game. I just can't get over the fact that the SSB fans are being called jealous, defensive, and basicly fanboys for getting upset. And thats what bugs me the most, it's like whenever Sony copies Nintendo nobody can call them out. I'm mean Sony is literally the biggest troll. They hired tools like Kevin Butler to do these commercials that shamelessly mock the other video game companies and take their ideas. I mean just watch the move commercials they blatanly steal Nintendo's ideas and have the balls to then mock them and the fans eat it up. I mean just looking at fans say stuff like everyone copies everyone and what only Nintendo can make a 4 player fighting games just shows the arrogance of the fans.

This game makes me lol, in fact I find it hilarious that Sony would stoop to this level and even have Kaz joke about the final boss being a Nintendo laywer.

And the fans just eat it up and act like Sony is the best.

One last note: I know the OP had specific rules and such about being very selective of wording. But honestly this game to me is a shameless rip-off that's how I feel.

i thought Sony was the comany that got crucified for copying and if another company does it, it is just swept under the rug like with the Wii copying the Xavix(i love Nintendo by the way)

and i wanted Sony to make a smash bros like game because Sony has so many franchises and MEMORABLE characters that it was basically a no-brainer

but yea when Sony copies a company, it is basically blasted and is usually the 1st thing mentioned when something is brought up but it's a different story when other companies do it

^^ I agree with the last post. My thoughts exactly.

TheKoreanGuy said:
amp316 said:
Yeah, it copied everything including the Wii's graphics.

I honestly am surprised that they didn't make a game more similar to Tekken of Street Fighter since I think that's more along the lines of what most Sony fans would but what do I know?

No I don't want that. How many Tekken or Street Fighter type games do we have today? How many SSB type games do we have today?

FIne,  I can accept that answer and respect it, but do you want a fighter exactly like Smash Bros.? 

Wouldn't you want something a little different?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think this is a sad thing to do, Sony, regardless of how much I love some of your products.

miz1q2w3e said:
Ajescent said:
oldschoolfool said:
companies copy each other all the time. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

It's funny how this comment appears whenever there's a conversation like this but yet it keeps going.

Y U NO GRAMMAR THO?!

Eh?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

The beauty of Smash Bros' lineup is as much about the obscure as it is about the memorable, and given Sony's strategy of producing more shortlived franchises than long-lived ones means that Sony has more to play with on the "obscure but cool" front than Nintendo does, even as Nintendo wins on the memorability front. As long as they have *enough* memorable characters, the rest runs as pure fanservice, which works perfectly well in a series like this

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.