By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Kinect Star Wars REVIEW! - Is the Force strong with this one? - Now with all the scores so far!

Euphoria14 said:
Wow, this thread went dowhill fast.

For those who weren't here, this is the jist of it.

1.) People think Star Wars Kinect is a bad game and show the reviews that reflect this.
2.) User(s) come in and call out those people's character.
3.) Others come in and agree with the general consensus of SWK.
4.) Same User(s) then call those people "Insecure", "Pathetic" and accuse them of spewing "Elitist bullshit". Once again making retorts that do not debunk the claims, but rather attack the character of others.

In other words, this thread is full of awesome.

yeah, it almost feels like a Selnor thread!

i miss those

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
pezus said:
Porcupine_I said:
Euphoria14 said:
Wow, this thread went dowhill fast.

For those who weren't here, this is the jist of it.

1.) People think Star Wars Kinect is a bad game and show the reviews that reflect this.
2.) User(s) come in and call out those people's character.
3.) Others come in and agree with the general consensus of SWK.
4.) Same User(s) then call those people "Insecure", "Pathetic" and accuse them of spewing "Elitist bullshit". Once again making retorts that do not debunk the claims, but rather attack the character of others.

In other words, this thread is full of awesome.

yeah, it almost feels like a Selnor thread!

i miss those

Are you saying I am the reincarnation of Selnor? ;-D

absolutely not! nobody comes close to his genius! you just got lucky!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yeah figured this game was gonna totally suck just from what I'd seen of it so far.

That being said, with a good marketing campaign it will sell millions to casuals who couldn't give two shits about websites like Metacritic.

Which in the end I guess is all that matters to MS. Still sucks though I would have loved a great Kinect Star Wars game that actually lived to its potential.

excellent game trailer

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Not gonna lie, after watching the Han Solo dance part I might buy this game!!! Whether it's good or not, that dance part would be a kick at a house party and people would love it because of how silly it looks. And that's the audience they're targeting.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
What? Kinect isn't any fun in most big budget titles? What is this sorcery?!

What you did there, I can see it and it makes me giggle mentally! :p

wow so many crap games these last couple of months...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

PlanetXBox360 review was incredibly positive. It went above and beyond my expectations.

Here, just read some of what they said.

"I can understand what Microsoft was trying to go for when it first announced it was doing a Star Wars game exclusively for the Kinect. It wanted to reach out to its casual audience, showing them that its motion accessory wasn’t just a one-note gimmick (like the Wii)"

"Kinect has no problem identifying your choices"

"Still, not all the motions are read correctly with attacks. We’ve had times where our lightsaber positioning wasn’t read accurately, causing us to get struck or, worse yet, lose a “clash” where we were trying to keep an enemy at bay."

"we can’t help but think some folks might be frustrated over their Kinect not getting everything right the first time."

"You can bring along a friend as well, though the split-screen can be distracting for some players who just can’t watch their portion of the screen"

" There could’ve been a way to network Podracers together in online races; the Dark Side Rising story mode needed better characters and scriptng, and Galactic Dancing is bound to make some hardcore fans curse the day George Lucas said yes to the project. But there’s some fun stuff here for kids and fans alike, so the game shouldn’t be considered a wash."

That review was greeted with a 7.9/10. Sounds quite generous to me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/kinect-star-wars/critic-reviews
surprised 4Players.de give it 7/10
i thought they hate Kinect since always watch their JTV stream

Certainly better than I expected and I'm not joking.