By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Kinect Star Wars REVIEW! - Is the Force strong with this one? - Now with all the scores so far!

kowenicki said:
please ensure you only show the negative reviews.. that way this thread can go exactly how you want it to.

(I dont want the game, wont like the game, but peoples desire to crap all over this game is pretty pathetic)

He actually didn't show the worst.

Metascore
57 out of 100

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critics

Apr 3, 2012
Despite suffering from many of the same issues that typify Microsoft's motion controlled experience, Kinect Star Wars is actually a very good game. The presentation is superb, and while some game modes are more fleshed out than others, none feel like they've been tacked on or overlooked.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    The lacking lightsaber movements take a while to get around, and the lack of some sort of space battle mode – along the lines of Star Wars: Starfighter – is mildly disappointing.
  • Apr 2, 2012
    The writing in the main story put me to sleep. And the Kinect controls are so inaccurate that they take you out of what should be a magical fantasy experience. Clearly, more time wouldn't have helped this game. Better writers might have salvaged it, but it amazes me that no one told the team to start over and get it right.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    The problem with Kinect Star Wars is down to the use of the Kinect Sensor itself – while the package is a well constructed and well thought out one, it's all too often that the sensor misreads something and it becomes frustrating.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    Kinect Star Wars, with all its control and polish issues, has very limited appeal for an adult audience. Kids will likely find more enjoyment out of it, even the absurd dancing mode, but ultimately its more of a Star Wars-themed set of mediocre mini-games than the jedi epic fans are dying for.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    Podracing is decent, but nowhere near enough to save the entire package.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    An incoherent and clumsy compilation, one driven more by brand synergy than any creative imperative.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    Another in a long list of Kinect titles that just doesn't cut it. Its unresponsive controls, lack of depth and short-lived gaming experiences do little to cater [to] any audience. Quite why Microsoft backed it so much is still a mystery; it's a title that they probably should have sent out to die alone a long time ago.
  • Apr 3, 2012
    It's been a long time since we've had a decent Star Wars game though and this miserable misfire is very much more Attack Of The Clones than it is Empire Strikes Back.

• iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
    TruckOSaurus said:
    pezus said:

Han Solo dance...

Oh dear God! What did I just witness!?!

oh-my-god.  ...and kowenicki is trying to defend this turd??  this has nothing to do with kinect bro -- i'd hate on this on move just as much.

What? Kinect isn't any fun in most big budget titles? What is this sorcery?!

Glad to see this is getting the scores it deserves.

Anyway I think IGNs review is too high. Didn't they give Ninja Gaiden 3/10? There's no way this glorified mini-game collection(according to reviews) is better than Ninja Gaiden 3.

kowenicki said:
    kitler53 said:
    TruckOSaurus said:
    pezus said:

Han Solo dance...

oh-my-god.  ...and kowenicki is trying to defend this turd??  this has nothing to do with kinect bro -- i'd hate on this on move just as much.

im not defending it, im defending its right to exist in its casual format.  your elitist bullshit is sickening and boring.

I hate star wars and would hate this game... i have no interest in it.

but to hate on a game because it is based at a particular audience has no place now, its frankly a bit pathetic and comes off as really insecure.

What people have a problem with is that this game was heavily advertised as core game around its annoucement. It was only recently that microsoft admitted it wasn't for core gamers.

1. Microsoft targets core gamers with Kinect

Xbox maker shows off new ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Halo’ titles at E3

2. E3 2011: Microsoft Kinect Core Games Montage

(Sorr for messy formatting, VgChartz acting up)

I could go on and list dozens more articles listing Kinect Star Wars as a "core" game but I made my point.

Around the Network
    kowenicki said:
    kitler53 said:
    TruckOSaurus said:
    pezus said:

Han Solo dance...

im not defending it, im defending its right to exist in its casual format.  your elitist bullshit is sickening and boring.

I hate star wars and would hate this game... i have no interest in it.

but to hate on a game because it is based at a particular audience has no place now, its frankly a bit pathetic and comes off as really insecure.

thing is you never saw people hating on the kinect seaseme street game.  that game was what it was and appropriate for it's audience.  ...but when you make a fucking star wars game based on a series that debuted in 1977 who's core audience is older than their 30s into a this...  yeah, expect the hate to pile on. 

kowenicki said:
    please ensure you only show the negative reviews.. that way this thread can go exactly how you want it to.

(I dont want the game, wont like the game, but peoples desire to crap all over this game is pretty pathetic)

1000000000000000000% agree.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

You know, I don't care one bit about this game, but damn I am in love with that R2D2 360. The force is definitely strong with that 360...I need one!

RolStoppable said:
    kowenicki said:
    RolStoppable said:

All this confirms is that CV&G was swayed more by Microsoft's swag than other media outlets. Best Star Wars game in years? I mean, come on. How could it possibly get more transparent?

It is the best star wars game in years... it matches the movie franchise perfectly.  Camp, badly written, poorly directed and aimed at kids.

In my very humble opinion.

I am not sure how that helps your case. You complained that people are pathetic for calling this game trash, but apparently the only reason why this game is a good adaption of the Star Wars movies is because the movies are trash and the game is trash as well, so they are a perfect match.

Looks like your real gripe here is that you read the comments about the game being trash as Kinect is trash, therefore the Xbox 360 is trash.

For once in my life I agree with Rol!

Wow, this thread went dowhill fast.

For those who weren't here, this is the jist of it.

1.) People think Star Wars Kinect is a bad game and show the reviews that reflect this.
    2.) User(s) come in and call out those people's character.
    3.) Others come in and agree with the general consensus of SWK.
    4.) Same User(s) then call those people "Insecure", "Pathetic" and accuse them of spewing "Elitist bullshit". Once again making retorts that do not debunk the claims, but rather attack the character of others.

In other words, this thread is full of awesome.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!