By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Kinect Star Wars REVIEW! - Is the Force strong with this one? - Now with all the scores so far!

Euphoria14 said:
PlanetXBox360 review was incredibly positive. It went above and beyond my expectations.

Here, just read some of what they said.

"I can understand what Microsoft was trying to go for when it first announced it was doing a Star Wars game exclusively for the Kinect. It wanted to reach out to its casual audience, showing them that its motion accessory wasn’t just a one-note gimmick (like the Wii)"

"Kinect has no problem identifying your choices"

"Still, not all the motions are read correctly with attacks. We’ve had times where our lightsaber positioning wasn’t read accurately, causing us to get struck or, worse yet, lose a “clash” where we were trying to keep an enemy at bay."

"we can’t help but think some folks might be frustrated over their Kinect not getting everything right the first time."

"You can bring along a friend as well, though the split-screen can be distracting for some players who just can’t watch their portion of the screen"

" There could’ve been a way to network Podracers together in online races; the Dark Side Rising story mode needed better characters and scriptng, and Galactic Dancing is bound to make some hardcore fans curse the day George Lucas said yes to the project. But there’s some fun stuff here for kids and fans alike, so the game shouldn’t be considered a wash."

That review was greeted with a 7.9/10. Sounds quite generous to me.

lol wtdafuq? did someone else other than the guy who wrote this gave the score or something? and that wii comment was immature as hell

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Panama said:
Behold. The work of 200+ employees.

The lack of a like button on these forums have never been greater :P Awesome comment.

On topic, .. Well.. some of the modes are pretty horrific concepts to any starwars fan hoping to get immersed in the rich universe :P.. Like the rancor stamping mode, or the dancing mode.

Check out my game about moles ^

Gamestop
5/10
http://asia.gamespot.com/kinect-star-wars/reviews/kinect-star-wars-review-6369636/

OXM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40353/reviews/kinect-star-wars-review/
5/10

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I was expecting 5-6 on todays review scale.

Looks terrible, turns out it really is.

pezus said:
36 reviews now and an average of 6.5 on N4G. Was this what you were expecting or was it higher/lower?

Waaay higher, realistically expecting a 3.5-4.5/10 but in the 7-10 scale that reviewers use now, a 5-5.5/10.

On another note, a very good thread indeed. Filled with too much awesome.

Around the Network

This game looks so amusing!

It's kinda like those angry dad throw the dinner off the table games in japan.

It's obsurd, but I dunno entertaining for a rent atleast
 If I had kinect, which I don't. Sometimes silly games have their place. I mean for all the hate guitar hero or just dance gets, most people I think would have fun with other people at a party if they played it. Particularly if girls were involved XD. 

it doesnt matter what the scores are

this game could average a 25 out of 100 on metacritic and still wouldn't matter because when the game releases, 360 fans are going to EAT THIS SHIT UP!!!!

..i wouldn't be suprised if this horrid shit breaks 1 million its 1st week on 360

enditall727 said:

it doesnt matter what the scores are

this game could average a 25 out of 100 on metacritic and still wouldn't matter because when the game releases, 360 fans are going to EAT THIS SHIT UP!!!!

..i wouldn't be suprised if this horrid shit breaks 1 million its 1st week on 360

Dude I'm a 360 owner and this game is aimed at anything but your average 360 player. Its aimed at the kinect audience (moms, dads, children) that they gained over the past 1 and a half years since Kinect's launch. Even if you are one of the biggest star wars fan, I can't imagine this game could be entertaining.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Euphoria14 said:
PlanetXBox360 review was incredibly positive. It went above and beyond my expectations.

Here, just read some of what they said.

"I can understand what Microsoft was trying to go for when it first announced it was doing a Star Wars game exclusively for the Kinect. It wanted to reach out to its casual audience, showing them that its motion accessory wasn’t just a one-note gimmick (like the Wii)"

"Kinect has no problem identifying your choices"

"Still, not all the motions are read correctly with attacks. We’ve had times where our lightsaber positioning wasn’t read accurately, causing us to get struck or, worse yet, lose a “clash” where we were trying to keep an enemy at bay."

"we can’t help but think some folks might be frustrated over their Kinect not getting everything right the first time."

"You can bring along a friend as well, though the split-screen can be distracting for some players who just can’t watch their portion of the screen"

" There could’ve been a way to network Podracers together in online races; the Dark Side Rising story mode needed better characters and scriptng, and Galactic Dancing is bound to make some hardcore fans curse the day George Lucas said yes to the project. But there’s some fun stuff here for kids and fans alike, so the game shouldn’t be considered a wash."

That review was greeted with a 7.9/10. Sounds quite generous to me.

lol wtdafuq? did someone else other than the guy who wrote this gave the score or something? and that wii comment was immature as hell

maybe the score needed to have a 9 in it and can't be lower than 7 ?

It would be a mistake to assume that just because the game is bad- it is directed to a casual audience. Once Microsoft looked at what they had, they had to figure out how to sell it.

The plan obviously became to stick with the market which Kinect has attained and call this game a casual game.
I believe that one day there will be a masterfully created game which the casual market flocks to. Nintendo has had a few examples of this.

Any company can take a crap in a box, cover it with a shiny marketing campaign and call it a casual game, but there are some out there with creative integrity. To ever defend the former (especially when you know better) is... sad.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.