By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A handheld hater buys a 3DS (and eats crow)

spurgeonryan said:
I welcome you to the painful hands club! Please tell us all about your cursing and swearing at how small the 3DS is in future threads. Especially when you get your hand on kid icarus :)

Also the eshop is wonderful. Downloads, demos, videos, trailers, etc. Even the original mario is new and different.

I'm more part of the painful back club! My gametime on the handheld is giving me crazy pain in my omoplates!

As you know already, I'm a fan of SFIV 3D, I'm also enjoying OOT 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.

DS, I am really enjoying Zelda: Spirit Tracks. It's nothing like the mainstream Zelda games, but for a lesser version it's actually better than many other games. The music is good, the action is fun, and even going around in the train can be challenging.

Other than that, I haven't played Dillon's Rolling Western but it looks like a keeper. 

The Virtual Console games I would recommend are Donkey Kong (Very fun game, not your usual donkey kong game, please try it) and Zelda Link's Awakening (amazing zelda experience). I also enjoyed Mega Man on the gameboy, short but fun, and the price is reasonable. I also used to play Qix as a kid, great puzzle game. Lock n' Chase is also lots of fun.

Enjoy your new 3DS!

Around the Network
EpicLight said:
You must get Uprising. In fact, don't. You'll be playing Uprising so much that you won't have time for your other games. Haha

Agreed. Playing Kid icarus was for the last week nearly all I did when I came back from work.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ive just bought a 3ds its pretty good with lots of functions

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

amp316 said:

So, do you guys have any other suggestions for games that I should have?  How is Sonic Generations?  Also, tell me other things that I need to know about the 3DS.  Thanks, in advance.

Personally, I'm holding out for Paper Mario.  Coming out in the fall.  That's the big enchilada for me.  Nothing else really grabs my attention, except mabye Mario Tennis or Luigi's Mansion 2.  Kid Icarus doesn't look like my kind of game, and I tried Mario 3D Land and it was way too slow. 

Also, Bravely Default looks like one to watch out for. 

Glad, i'm not part of the hand cramped club! :)

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Glad, i'm not part of the hand cramped club! :)

THis, how did people get by with DSlite all that time?? I'm having no problems whatsoever

Pilotwing's not really worth it, it's more like a tech demo...
However you should definitely get Zelda OOT 3D.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

I know I don't own a 3DS, but feel obliged to recommend against Pilotwing. The main reason being that it strained my eyes merely from playing a demo copy for a few minutes in a gaming store.

So basically from what I know, I go with the quoted recommendations.

Well congrats on your new baby then and hope you have lots of fun hours playing it but I won’t forgive you until you get Mario Land 3D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Cheebee said:

But many people called Pilotwings 64 a tech demo and I loved that gave. 

Is the the new game as bad as you are making it to be?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger