By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A handheld hater buys a 3DS (and eats crow)

Welcome to the camp. But this is a good reminder why one shouldn't hate on something before giving it a try.

But anyway, I would recommend Tales of Abyss if you can find it. Its a very rare game, at least here in the UK so if you ever see it, grab it.

Around the Network

Sonic Generations looks great on 3DS screens compared to the images that we saw on internet, plays nice, and has a LOT of unlockable content, just the main "story" is small, but the unlockable stuff will entertain you

Ridge Racer is fun. Ace Combat is pretty goddamned awesome.

Mario 3D Land is a given. Wouldn't recommend Pilotwings to be honest.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

So, you gave in...I am like you were, I don´t like handhelds, but if I were to change my mind and get a 3DS, there would have to be a '3DS XL' version and fewer home console like games.

d21lewis said:
You did the right thing. Now, the healing can begin.

*Hugs amp*

Oh, and don't listen to anybody in this thread. Don't buy anything, for now. Just savor that sweet, sweet flavor of awesome 3DS games. You'll know what to buy when the time is right.

After reading all of the comments, I think that this is the most sound advice.

Thanks Mr. Lewis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

If you go back for DS games, I reccomend Spectrobes:Beyond the portals and Sonic rush and Sonic rush Adventure.

LOL! Nintendo made u buy a 3DS by not making anything on the Wii.

Pushmo. It's the only eShop game you really need (though certainly not the only great one).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I recently bought Tales of the Abyss for my 3DS, my PS2 copy is too damaged to be played since I loaned it out to a careless friend. Everything transitioned over nicely, though the voices for everyone are a bit campy, it's got a good battle system and an interesting story. Also... Kid Icarus. I got that the same day as Tales, but I'm not even going to open it till I beat Tales again.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

spurgeonryan said:
So a day later, what are you thinking of the 3DS with a little more time into it? I have been playing some ambassador games, but you would not know anything about that.

I still dig it, but I still am getting used to how it fits (or doesn't fit) in my hands.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger