By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Michael Bay is ruining the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle-like-beings...

for some reason it doesn't flow as nicely from your mouth as the original

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

You people gotta cut Michael Bay some slack.

What many of you don't know is that Michael Bay grew up on an abandoned military base. He lost his mother at 7 when she stepped on a landmine. There's also the tragedy of his older brother's death: he had taken up smoking and sneaked into the shed in the backyard to have a cigarette when he accidentally set fire to some leftover gun powder which in turn triggered the explosion of the missiles housed inside the shed (thankfully it was the 4th of July so at least the event wasn't all bad since young Michael saw a fireworks show like never before).

So we can't blame Michael Bay for stuffing his movies full of nothing but explosions, that's all he knows.

Signature goes here!

NiKKoM said:

Wait! Ninjitsu originated from Japan, Earth so they can't really be Ninjas.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
NiKKoM said:

Wait! Ninjitsu originated from Japan, Earth so they can't really be Ninjas.

In Michael Bayverse Ninjas are an ancient alien rat-like race form and there is only one left called Splinter.. Who teach the Turtles ..wait.. Alien Turtle-like beings the mighty art of Ninjitsu.. years ago Splinters ancestor landed on earth teaching the japanese Ninjitsu...

I think I have a chance of 80% of this being correct..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Cheebee said:

Mutants, yes, turtles, not so much. Turtles are from earth. If they're aliens, they can't be turtles.

I have definitive evidence that turtles did not originate on our planet, though.

Skeptic.

Curse your precious "logic." I am foiled again!

Around the Network

Hate MB all you like, he's still the most popular director of comic adaptations.....

Wow

I will never understand why some people will just change an origin story for a franchise and its characters for ZERO reason. Same thing was about to happen to the Uncharted movie when they began talking about the script.

These idiots need to realize there's a REASON a franchise got big in the first place and here's a hint............it's not because everyone hated the origin and wanted it changed, in fact its pretty much universally the opposit.

I had enough of michael bay insulting my intelligence

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

dallas said:
Hate MB all you like, he's still the most popular director of comic adaptations.....

Very true lots of people like him. Lots of people hate him. I will say I think existing fans of the ahem "properties" he works on almost all wish he would stay away. It makes sence too, his best films are original IP like the Rock and IMHO Armageddon.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

People didn't liked the last Transformers movie?? Really? I thought it was the most frenetic thing I've ever seen! Absolutely fantastic!

(and I'm not a michael bay fan, the first one was okay-ish and the second one - plagued with silly fart jokes - was terrrible!)