By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Michael Bay is ruining the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

VicViper said:
People didn't liked the last Transformers movie?? Really? I thought it was the most frenetic thing I've ever seen! Absolutely fantastic!

(and I'm not a michael bay fan, the first one was okay-ish and the second one - plagued with silly fart jokes - was terrrible!

As a non-TF fan I thought the first was decent, the second was trash, and the third was not very good but far better than 2.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

If Michael Bay is only producing, and not directing, this might not be on him. Remember, the Transformers movies are produced by Steven Spielberg, but you don't see any of his influence. So, this new Ninja Turtles movie sounds like a train wreck, but this is possibly not Michael Bay's fault this time.

Nintendoninja said:
If Michael Bay is only producing, and not directing, this might not be on him. Remember, the Transformers movies are produced by Steven Spielberg, but you don't see any of his influence. So, this new Ninja Turtles movie sounds like a train wreck, but this is possibly not Michael Bay's fault this time.

Very good point. I'm still surprised Spielberg signed on to Transformers- those are way more George Lucas type flicks. Big... dumb... fun?  Losing his edge perhaps. They are no E.T. or Raiders of the Lost Arc thats for sure.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

maybe they're actually big foot, with alien armors that look like turtle shells.

who cares,the franchise has been dead for awhile.

Around the Network
dallas said:
Hate MB all you like, he's still the most popular director of comic adaptations.....

1. Michael Bay, until now, has never been involved in a comic adaptation.

2. Christopher Nolan says hi.

On topic, who cares where the turtles originated from? It's an unimportant plot point. The movie is going to suck because Michael Bay is involved, not because the turtles are aliens.

Besides, what is Michael Bay even ruining here? Most of you have only seen the TMNT cartoon, which was complete and utter shit and absolutely nothing like the source material (a bastardization of Eastman/Laird's work, much like what people are complaining about with Bay in this thread). So if you don't even know the original story, why are you complaining about how Bay is ruining it? What percentage of you have even read the only decent turtle-related product, the comic book? 5%? 10%?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/