By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Michael Bay is ruining the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

Hate MB all you like, he's still the most popular director of comic adaptations.....

Around the Network

Wow

I will never understand why some people will just change an origin story for a franchise and its characters for ZERO reason. Same thing was about to happen to the Uncharted movie when they began talking about the script.

These idiots need to realize there's a REASON a franchise got big in the first place and here's a hint............it's not because everyone hated the origin and wanted it changed, in fact its pretty much universally the opposit.

I had enough of michael bay insulting my intelligence

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

dallas said:
Hate MB all you like, he's still the most popular director of comic adaptations.....

Very true lots of people like him. Lots of people hate him. I will say I think existing fans of the ahem "properties" he works on almost all wish he would stay away. It makes sence too, his best films are original IP like the Rock and IMHO Armageddon.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

People didn't liked the last Transformers movie?? Really? I thought it was the most frenetic thing I've ever seen! Absolutely fantastic!

(and I'm not a michael bay fan, the first one was okay-ish and the second one - plagued with silly fart jokes - was terrrible!)

Around the Network

VicViper said:
People didn't liked the last Transformers movie?? Really? I thought it was the most frenetic thing I've ever seen! Absolutely fantastic!

(and I'm not a michael bay fan, the first one was okay-ish and the second one - plagued with silly fart jokes - was terrrible!

As a non-TF fan I thought the first was decent, the second was trash, and the third was not very good but far better than 2.

If Michael Bay is only producing, and not directing, this might not be on him. Remember, the Transformers movies are produced by Steven Spielberg, but you don't see any of his influence. So, this new Ninja Turtles movie sounds like a train wreck, but this is possibly not Michael Bay's fault this time.

Nintendoninja said:
If Michael Bay is only producing, and not directing, this might not be on him. Remember, the Transformers movies are produced by Steven Spielberg, but you don't see any of his influence. So, this new Ninja Turtles movie sounds like a train wreck, but this is possibly not Michael Bay's fault this time.

Very good point. I'm still surprised Spielberg signed on to Transformers- those are way more George Lucas type flicks. Big... dumb... fun?  Losing his edge perhaps. They are no E.T. or Raiders of the Lost Arc thats for sure.

maybe they're actually big foot, with alien armors that look like turtle shells.

who cares,the franchise has been dead for awhile.