By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE - Possibly one of the biggest disappointments?

Tagged games:

Hmm seems like you went into this game with the completely wrong expectations.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

to be honest.. I got the PS3 version as a gift and the first hour was incredibly boring.. I thought it would never stop installing and updating the game.. -_-"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Shinobi-san said:

You're right, I expected the game to be good.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Shinobi-san said:

You're right, I expected the game to be good.

Not what i meant but okay then.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I've learnt not to expect too much from the recent crop of ID games. I think Quake III Arena was the last game I really enjoyed from them. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was OK and Doom 3 was thoroughly disappointing in a year when Far Cry and Half-Life 2 were released.

Rage on the other hand was relatively enjoyable. Nothing spectacular, but an enjoyable game. Dragon Age 2 and FFXIII were bigger disappointments.

Around the Network

no i dont share that obviously whack opinion.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

NiKKoM said:
neh.. I bought SOCOM 4..

Well you didn't buy the first Socom ps3 game. That one was bad....can't even remember that name. 

NotStan said:

Is anyone else of the same opinion? This game has made me, literally, rage throughout. I have been killed in possibly some of the shittest ways known to man, the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.

Wingsticks seem to be the only redeeming feature of this game, other than that, it's nothing but a shallow shell that fell well short of the hype, especially that created after the launch trailer, I am on the second disk and honestly, I still have no fucking idea what's going on in the story.

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me, not as bad as MOH was in 2010, but almost, almost had I paid full price, I'd probably be more pissed off.

"the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.." thanx to John Carwhack, the legendary Game Developer.

I thought technically it was a marvel (for console) but the gameplay was a bit too old fashioned for me. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but it was kind of like stepping back into the past. Plus I thought it was going to be a bit Borderland-ish but turned out to be quite linear.

NotStan said:

Is anyone else of the same opinion? This game has made me, literally, rage throughout. I have been killed in possibly some of the shittest ways known to man, the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.

Wingsticks seem to be the only redeeming feature of this game, other than that, it's nothing but a shallow shell that fell well short of the hype, especially that created after the launch trailer, I am on the second disk and honestly, I still have no fucking idea what's going on in the story.

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me, not as bad as MOH was in 2010, but almost, almost had I paid full price, I'd probably be more pissed off.

How could it be a disappoint if it apparently lived up to it's name?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!