By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE - Possibly one of the biggest disappointments?

Tagged games:

After Doom 3, I was prepared for disappointment.

As disappointments go it's not even in the same league as, say, Metroid Other M.

Around the Network

i enjoyed rage for what it is worth, could have been better though

RAGE ... what a crap game. There are elements of it that make it an enjoyable game, but then there's so much wrong with it that takes away from the experience. BUGS, poor story, horribly conclusion, BUGS, and more bugs.

It could have been an awesome game, but the execution was poor. I experienced a series of bugs on the coop with my friend online, and I encountered a few in the campaign as well.

I will admit, I do like the way how the AI engages the player, and the shooting itself is fun. But that's it for me really.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

No bugs on my console. Perhaps you picked the troubled one. It do so happens ever so often. Sad, really... what an inferior console can do to run down an exemplary game; a feat of logical engineering, testament to the undying genius of John Carmack.I did enjoyed it immensely, myself.

reviniente said:
No bugs on my console. Perhaps you picked the troubled one. It do so happens ever so often. Sad, really... what an inferior console can do to run down an exemplary game; a feat of logical engineering, testament to the undying genius of John Carmack.I did enjoyed it immensely, myself.

What makes you think I own RAGE on a 'console'? I play my multiplatform shooters on PC, sir.  But thanks for assuming though.

Around the Network

Rage was crap.

Corey said:
Rage was crap.

Best 3 word combination I've seen all night. I'd +1 you if the forum allowed it. :D

As more time passes the less fondly I look back upon this game, but I had a pretty good time when I played it.

The story is unforgivable bad though.

I am yet to play it and I hope it's not going to be bad, cause I don't want to skip it :) I was raised on Doom, Quake, etc. so I have to play ID games :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Why are people trying to sugar coat this mediocrity ?

id's game is ridiculously dated. the "towns" felt dead, focusing on gameplay doesn't mean you get to have a story from the mid 90s, the quests were a total waste of time, the rpg elements were mundane and forced for the sake of having a menu item, and the "ground breaking" graphics ended up staying behind both killzone and crysis

oh yeah some enemies came at you hanging for the pipes like monkeys, revolutionary !

in an age of Fallout and Bioshock this game feels irrelevant. john carmack managed to make yet another glorified tech demo after Doom 3