By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE - Possibly one of the biggest disappointments?

Tagged games:

it wasn't a bad game I thought. It was a slightly above-average game with great graphics. Which is what I've thought of Id for a long time.

Around the Network

Absolutely, a game with a terrible plot and history. From a visual standpoint is pretty good, but the gameplay is very basic. Undoubtedly, expecting much more.

Visit my youtube channel: VideogamesStatistics

“No he contado ni la mitad de lo que vi...” Marco Polo

Euphoria14 said:
NotStan said:

Is anyone else of the same opinion? This game has made me, literally, rage throughout. I have been killed in possibly some of the shittest ways known to man, the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.

Wingsticks seem to be the only redeeming feature of this game, other than that, it's nothing but a shallow shell that fell well short of the hype, especially that created after the launch trailer, I am on the second disk and honestly, I still have no fucking idea what's going on in the story.

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me, not as bad as MOH was in 2010, but almost, almost had I paid full price, I'd probably be more pissed off.

How could it be a disappoint if it apparently lived up to it's name?

I did not expect it to do so literally!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Considering it's from the company that helped define the FPS genre, i guess its a disappointment, i still quite liked it though.

I think you expected something different from what id does. They craft tight, cohesive and meaty FPS experiences. It's old-fashioned because id invented and help define the FPS genre; id is the FPS. When they stray from the FPS formula, they falter; when they condensate, when they deliver the pure, undiluted, unadulterated FPS experience, they cannot be equaled. Heck, id Software even implemented the first LAN based multiplayer with Quake. As far as I'm concerned, when you talk FPS at least, whatever John Carmack says, goes. It's his universe, we just play in it.

Around the Network

I totally agree.

reviniente said:

I think you expected something different from what id does. They craft tight, cohesive and meaty FPS experiences. It's old-fashioned because id invented and help define the FPS genre; id is the FPS. When they stray from the FPS formula, they falter; when they condensate, when they deliver the pure, undiluted, unadulterated FPS experience, they cannot be equaled. Heck, id Software even implemented the first LAN based multiplayer with Quake. As far as I'm concerned, when you talk FPS at least, whatever John Carmack says, goes. It's his universe, we just play in it.

That's the thing, it felt old and outdated when compared to the FPS leaders on the market now.

I did play original Doom and Quake - quake on both PC and PS1, especially on PS1 with LAN parties, at the time they were awesome, fast experienece, but now.. I really think they've dropped the ball on this one when comparing RAGE with the modern shooters, the genre has evolved, and they seem to have stuck to the old ways, even sniping is such a chore on it.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I paid full price for Brink so yeah... Rage is GOTY compared to that pile of garbage. Overall tho RAGE was quite a let down, but I guess I didn't care at the time since there was a bunch of other stuff coming out to play. Nothing really was out when Brink released aside from L.A. Noire which I finished quickly.

To be an dissapointment I must have been hyped for it but I didn't care (lucky?) .

I just got this game,I think it's quite good. The save system is pretty whack,but that's my only complaint so far.