By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE - Possibly one of the biggest disappointments?

Tagged games:

NotStan said:
Barozi said:
Nah I think the game is quite good, though of course still disappointing after all the hype from id.
We should finally face it that good story and id doesn't really fit together. I mean I'm excited for Doom 4 but seriously it won't be as good as the best FPS on the market.

They can produce great graphics and implement solid shooter mechanics, but that's basically (id) it.

Story just doesn't make sense, one time I am "helping the resistance" other time I am raiding lairs for the mayor.. Dafuq.

Y to jump, A to use. Although I switched it around halfway through, still agitating qualm!

What really (en)raged me was the fact that I died halfway through the lair and it put me all the way BEFORE I went it.. Game, y u no autosave often enough.

Yeah, i strongly agree with the aotosave thing, i have to save it manually every 5 mins in the lair, that's ridiculous 

Around the Network
SpaceCowboy said:

Absolutely, a game with a terrible plot and history. From a visual standpoint is pretty good, but the gameplay is very basic. Undoubtedly, expecting much more.

Visit my youtube channel: VideogamesStatistics

I'd rather say it's a game with basically no plot and history, just missions and even more missions, the whole thing is just abysmal

And every mision throws you into the most beautifully, richly detailed and scy-fi oriented collection of back ways, crevices, derelict buildings and sanies all filled, by the way, with the most outlandish collection of certifiables and miscreants ever put together, on the same game. Think about it; just being there, in the wasteland with it's rugged landscapes and complex, imaginative, population is an adventure. This is award winning level desingn and best-of-industry enemy AI programming at it's finest. A testament to the ingenuity and prowess of the mind of the One John Carmack. Insteadof allowing yourself the very sublime pleasure of setting yourself free to delve into the most mind-searing enviroments ever conceived in video game history... you check in early, having found this spirit transcending experience all, well... abysmal. Sad really.

The game gets it right on so many levels, you might be clinically dead or deprived by nerve damage of at least 3 sensorial perceptions. It's like having to be told you're on fire! No, your not in denial... you're in a coma.

@DigitalDevilSummoner - If you can honestly state Killzone or Crysis have better graphics tan RAGE, then I encourage you to search the Yellow Pages for a good optometrist. If one is not available, try giving Braille a chance. There's treasures a plenty to be found in books.

RAGE was friggin kick ass. I didn't buy it for story and I didn't experience the 'bugs' people mentioned. I even bought the dlc that was released recently on PS3. Good stuff ...

Around the Network

People feel intimidated by a broad-minded, free-thinking FPS. A classic. If it's not a formulaic, tried and tried again, run-of-the-mill FPS, if it dares demands resourcefulness from the player (how dare they contrive something not in line with our general perception of mass appeal), some people erupt in anger and berate the game with simplistic self-entitled rants on every minor detail that in their superior and enlightened conscience, has no place in any console game.

Rage was a good game. Great shooting mechanics were the highlight, but boring game world, dull vehicle combat and dire last few hours really hurt the overall experience. The story wasn't there either and for a ''sandbox'' 80% of the game was corridors, and that 80% was the highlight for me, in fact, I would have enjoyed Rage more if it wasn't open world.

NotStan said:

Is anyone else of the same opinion? This game has made me, literally, rage throughout. I have been killed in possibly some of the shittest ways known to man, the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.

Wingsticks seem to be the only redeeming feature of this game, other than that, it's nothing but a shallow shell that fell well short of the hype, especially that created after the launch trailer, I am on the second disk and honestly, I still have no fucking idea what's going on in the story.

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me, not as bad as MOH was in 2010, but almost, almost had I paid full price, I'd probably be more pissed off.

really wanted to like this, visuals were good but levels got vry boring and repetative, story was good but driving wasnt fun and gameworld was small. a wasted opportunity

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...