By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita USA 1st week sales - 160,499

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Well 3ds did what 400k? I'd hazard a guess 150k.

But I think in UK and other places in Europe is where your going to see it do badly. The press have been chewing it apart. Even Gamespot did a really brutal article on it http://uk.gamespot.com/features/one-month-with-the-playstation-vita-what-went-wrong-6349986/

In the Uk the press isn't the problem. It's the price. It is honestly ridiculous. To give you an idea you can get a 320GB PS3 with a game for £220, a 250GB 360 is £180, £135 for a 3DS or £150 for a 3DS+Game. The cheapest Vita bundle I can find is £225 with a 8GB memory card and game or £210 plain, that is the Wi-fi only model. 

So it's more expensive than the HD consoles and WAY more expensive than a 3DS. £75 more expensive than a 3DS. In dollars that would be a price difference of around $120. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

First page updated up until this post.

LET'S GO KNICKS

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

i would say the predictions peaople make are a bit too low, unlike those for Japan which were too high

not sure about USA, i'd say 170k

pretty sure it will be much better in Europe, Europe supports Sony the most, and also, Sony has said and done, PSV ads are in every single match on the Champions League and i think it launches with FIFA 2012, so good marketing in Europe, we will never miss PS ads while watching football  :  P

maaaaaany millions in Europe are now aware of PSV existance just because of that

Plus there is a sligt financial crisis hitting Europe currently, and Sony's sales are down in the region. So it is questionable if it will be any better than the US market.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well...I look like a troll :/

Sad thing is I was honest with my prediction XD

I'm really not good with hardware predicitons.