By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita USA 1st week sales - 160,499

Seece said:
Tridrakious said:
My math was wrong...damn pre-orders numbers.

845k! Why did you expect it that high?

I was basing my prediction off of the Gamestop information that I had of what the the pre-order numbers were like. We were provided an average between the 5,000 stores. I posted somewhere in this very thread my thought process.

Apparently Gamestop either lied to everyone with the stores or Gamestop was able to produce the numbers I used and every other retailer dropped the ball.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
Seece said:
Tridrakious said:
My math was wrong...damn pre-orders numbers.

845k! Why did you expect it that high?

I was basing my prediction off of the Gamestop information that I had of what the the pre-order numbers were like. We were provided an average between the 5,000 stores. I posted somewhere in this very thread my thought process.

Apparently Gamestop either lied to everyone with the stores or Gamestop was able to produce the numbers I used and every other retailer dropped the ball.

Oh right that post, sorry dude but 860k is still absurd lol.

mjk45 said:
come on if they didn't know about and they are gamers they obviously get there games in a vacuum , because if you go into a gaming store/PSN  or inhabit gaming sites you should have heard of it , most likely they either game on PC or a non Sony console or they aren't interested in Sonyhand held gaming.

I think that those of us who inhabit these boards are more than gamers.  My roommates are gamers, they sink 15-20 hours a week into games, play online, read some gaming articles, and follow some of the press.  We here are the HARDEST of core.  No matter what we play we get into the minutiea of sales figures, legs, territorial dominance, things that others don't give a damn about.  PSV hasn't been marketed well in the US, my parents knew what a 3DS was prior to its launch, my roommates should have at least heard of the Vita.