By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita USA 1st week sales - 160,499

Said that article on the front page was out. Wonder if it will be edited to reflect the fact it is hugely out (probably not).

So yup shuraiya is closest. Congratulations! What does he win?

Although it shows that even with all the doom and gloom around the Vita people were overestimating it by a ridiculous amount. First week was 160k and the average prediction in this thread was 303k! Almost double.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

shuriaya wins! He was 499 copies off. If it sold 1 more copy ||||||THE1||||| would've won. Bwahahahaha!

Congrats shuriaya, you win recognition from the vgchartz community, which is something money can't buy!!

I'll post a table later of the 10 closest predictions, when I can get to a computer.

Anyway, what's are your thoughts about the Vita's 1st week sales?

hmm, when it said 300k I thought that was pretty good, 160k isnt bad, but a Success? No, especially since 3DS got labeled a failure for much lower sales. I still do think this device will move a profitable number of units over its lifespan, but I dont see it taking over the market from Nintendo.

FEB sales should definitely have counted- if people were willing to pay extra just to get it a week early, they definitely would have bought it on launch week

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

man-bear-pig said:
shuriaya wins! He was 499 copies off. If it sold 1 more copy ||||||THE1||||| would've won. Bwahahahaha!

Congrats shuriaya, you win recognition from the vgchartz community, which is something money can't buy!!

I'll post a table later of the 10 closest predictions, when I can get to a computer.

Anyway, what's are your thoughts about the Vita's 1st week sales?

My thoughts are that Sony's announcement of 1,2 million units sold is... well lets say overly optimistic.

650k in japan 250k in the US, it would leave 300k for europe wich would make that market bigger than the US, wich we all know isnt the case.

edit: seeing the UK numbers it might be true... odd numbers. But i guess Sony is more recognised in EU than in the US. That champions league sponsorship really does things for them.

The real test starts now. Will the Vita sales take a fall like they did in japan? We shall see.

Around the Network

160k? Where are another 75k?

RolStoppable said:
I don't see why we should exclude the FEB sales, so my prediction was pretty close. Same for Europe. Chances are that I am the winner when predictions for both territories are combined. The UK contributed much less sales than I anticipated though.

Because the original post stated vgchartz numbers for the week ending 25th of February? The FEB bundle isn't in that. 

The logic that people who couldn't have bought it then would have bought it next week makes no sense. That is a hypothetical reality where the Vita didn't launch with the FEBs..... but it did. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

well, 160k + 70k is 2 weeks, not everyone knew about this, if we knew we could predict two weeks instead

and i was pretty damn close with 170k : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

RolStoppable said:
Zim said:
RolStoppable said:
I don't see why we should exclude the FEB sales, so my prediction was pretty close. Same for Europe. Chances are that I am the winner when predictions for both territories are combined. The UK contributed much less sales than I anticipated though.

Because the original post stated vgchartz numbers for the week ending 25th of February? The FEB bundle isn't in that. 

The logic that people who couldn't have bought it then would have bought it next week makes no sense. That is a hypothetical reality where the Vita didn't launch with the FEBs..... but it did. 

I don't remember that line originally being in the first post, the same goes for the "prizes".

The logic of the FEBs makes sense, because they were sold to people who really wanted the Vita. Therefore a lack of FEBs would have transfered these sales to the following week.

You can use that logic for anything though. Why not include the entire first month  sales of the Vita as first week? After all anyone who buys it in the first month would have bought it first week if they could. 

Sales are measured in weeks. You can't include things from outside the times stated. 

man-bear-pig made a post later the same day clarifying that it was the week ending the 25th and I believe also edited the post to make that clear at the same point (he can correct me if I'm wrong). Everyone who read the first post new it was for the week ending the 25th. Since the FEB don't change the flow of time they don't fall in that. 

So let's predict next week shall we: 39k

Think for yourself, question authority