By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita USA 1st week sales - 160,499

RolStoppable said:
Zim said:

You can use that logic for anything though. Why not include the entire first month  sales of the Vita as first week? After all anyone who buys it in the first month would have bought it first week if they could. 

Sales are measured in weeks. You can't include things from outside the times stated. 

man-bear-pig made a post later the same day clarifying that it was the week ending the 25th and I believe also edited the post to make that clear at the same point (he can correct me if I'm wrong). Everyone who read the first post new it was for the week ending the 25th. Since the FEB don't change the flow of time they don't fall in that. 

Because those sales would have happened after the official launch week, not before. Your following sentence could only hold some truth, if the system in question was heavily supply constrained which would force planned purchases to be postponed.

Speaking of changing the flow of time, if you call the official launch week the first week, what does this make the FEBs? Week zero sales, a date that does not exist? Should we also exclude all sales of games that take place before their official launch date when measuring first week sales?

Seriously, people who take advantage of being able to get a product before the official launch date would have definitely bought the product on launch day, if they weren't offered the option to get it earlier.

There was a soft launch and a hard launch. The Vita was launched at the soft launch with the FEB. The FEB are week 1 of sales. The fact is the system was for sale, anyone could buy it etc etc. It wasn't like how Nintendo did with the DS in Europe where there were only 1000 systems that you could only purchase them through Nintendo's website and you had to also use a certain amount of stars. The system was available from a wide variety of retailers to anyone. 

Most systems are supply constrained at launch so yup it would easily apply to them. 360/wii etcs first month or even more would be it's first week according to you. The TC's post was very clear, everyone should have known what they predicting. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

I said about 10 times it was for the vgchartz week ending 25th of Feb! No excuses!

Americans sure hate the Playstation lol. Not sure why Vita is great kit, seems sony can do no right in the US no matter what they do I don't get it. Is it purely a case of massive MS presence and advertising there or something else.

leper-apostle said:
Americans sure hate the Playstation lol. Not sure why Vita is great kit, seems sony can do no right in the US no matter what they do I don't get it. Is it purely a case of massive MS presence and advertising there or something else.

Sony did not advertise well in America.  Outside of the gaming core, most people werent even aware of what the Vita was, let alone when it was coming out.  My roommates, who are both 20 something males who play lots of video games, didnt even hear the name PS Vita until Taco Bell ran an advert to win one every 15 minutes.  When I explained to them what it was, I got this, "Another PSP?  Or a new system?  Why is this the first I am hearing of this?"  This is obviously a small sample size, but I am an Electrical Engineer, I work with people who sink 1000s of hours a year into video games, I was the only one at my company who was aware of the launch date of the Vita, again, just not advertised well.  

Plezbo said:
leper-apostle said:

Sony did not advertise well in America.  Outside of the gaming core, most people werent even aware of what the Vita was, let alone when it was coming out.  My roommates, who are both 20 something males who play lots of video games, didnt even hear the name PS Vita until Taco Bell ran an advert to win one every 15 minutes.  When I explained to them what it was, I got this, "Another PSP?  Or a new system?  Why is this the first I am hearing of this?"  This is obviously a small sample size, but I am an Electrical Engineer, I work with people who sink 1000s of hours a year into video games, I was the only one at my company who was aware of the launch date of the Vita, again, just not advertised well.  

come on if they didn't know about and they are gamers they obviously get there games in a vacuum , because if you go into a gaming store/PSN  or inhabit gaming sites you should have heard of it , most likely they either game on PC or a non Sony console or they aren't interested in Sonyhand held gaming.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Seece said:
atma998 said:
So what's the official numbers? I predicted 325k, am I near?

160k using the OP's terms, but 230k if you include last weeks FEB

shuraiya is closest with 165,000

Oh my... really disappointing numbers then.

man-bear-pig said:
I said about 10 times it was for the vgchartz week ending 25th of Feb! No excuses!

yay, so i was god damn close : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

leper-apostle said:

You obviously hate everything MS does. Maybe you should also hate on Apple (apple Ipad3's launch said hi)  or atleast give a shit on 3DS.

My math was wrong...damn pre-orders numbers.

Tridrakious said:
My math was wrong...damn pre-orders numbers.

845k! Why did you expect it that high?