By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita USA 1st week sales - 160,499

radishhead said:
I am winnar! :D (Week 0 counts too, guys :s)

No it doesn't! These predictions were for the vgchartz week ending 25th Febuary, which hasn't been released yet, so no one won!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The launch numbers are here: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88858/ps-vita-reaches-14m-install-base-after-successful-global-launch/

USA: 300k, includes the first edition sales 70k, so it's really 230k. People said the first edition bundle didn't count as a launch, so the numbers are really 230k.

One of the weakest launches in US history, over 25 percent less than the 3DS' launch.

Vita flopped.

Are you flipping kidding me? Stop spreading the doom

Just ignore it. To be honest the guy didn't even make a prediction so one should wonder why he is even in this thread, let alone wonder why he chooses to avoid the EU prediction thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pezus said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
The launch numbers are here: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88858/ps-vita-reaches-14m-install-base-after-successful-global-launch/

USA: 300k, includes the first edition sales 70k, so it's really 230k. People said the first edition bundle didn't count as a launch, so the numbers are really 230k.

One of the weakest launches in US history, over 25 percent less than the 3DS' launch.

Vita flopped.

I'm still trying to work out whether all that doom-spreading is against the rules or not :s

OT: First weeks don't really matter anyway, let's see how it holds up until Christmas

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I have no clue but I'm going to say:

Just ignore pokemonbrawlvg. He has been trolling the Vita threads for a while now.

If I had put down a prediction, it would've been 350-400k. SCEA needs to pick up the slack.

Around the Network
pezus said:
radishhead said:
pezus said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Vita flopped.

I'm still trying to work out whether all that doom-spreading is against the rules or not :s

OT: First weeks don't really matter anyway, let's see how it holds up until Christmas

Apparently it is! He got moderated for it. Probably going to get banned if he keeps doing it

I believe if this was a weekly sales thread the comments would be fine, but in a thread like this where nothing was contributed, as in he did not even predict, he has very little reason to be in the thread, other than maybe comment that VGC predictions were pretty close for the US, because let's be honest, that is what this thread is for, predictions and to now see how we all did with our predictions. Just like with the Vita Official Thread, he clearly showed he had zero interest in the device, yet frequented the thread anyways just to spead out negatively against it.

It is like complaining about the President when you didn't even vote.

There is a time and place for everything, including comments that are not positive, because let's be honest, there is nothing wrong with being negative about something, but the key to make sure you make your comments where the time and place is right.

Anyways, I just say let him be. If the mods feel he is being out of line they will no doubt do what they deem to be necessary.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Looks like Slimebeast and Nintendopie might be the winners. Although could shift a little. Seems it will be around there though. If the 230k or so turns out to be true then the average user in this thread WAY over estimated.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Not a terrible launch at all. I thought it would do 345k, 300 in twoish weeks isnt bad at all, a nice number considering how recent Japanese sales have been. Not great if your goal was to knock Nintendo off of the throne, but at this point I think Sony just wants to be a credible player, and with these sales, they are.

Shadowfest3 said:
I have no clue but I'm going to say:

Figures already came out (VGC numbers anyways) and it stands at 230k first Feb 22nd launch week and 300k if you combine launch week with the soft launch from last week ($350 bundle).

Currently playing:

Hey I was pretty close