By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
"Do we really need yet another Mario game?"

Of course we do. We have a series that started in 1985 and as of now only consists of six games, if we are doing a generous count. Five games, if we only count home console releases.

Wow... I got to this late! xD

I agree. Even if the Mario series is one of the oldest out there it will always need new installations. The Mario series is one of the things Nintendo is known for, they would not drop it. Or they better not! ;)

It's nice to see you in this thread Rol! Why don't you come more often?

The thread takes long to load and is a complete mess, because so much (almost) worthless information is posted that buries the small percentage of good information.

It takes long for you? It loads pretty quickly for me. 

Don't dis his thread like that though. It is a good one. You've to admit to that. He tries his hardest to keep track of the news to be able to post it here. =)

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Well that wasn't boring.... -_-

See Zarx Planetside thread.

Ninendo at GDC has got to be the most boringesstest thing I have ever dealt with! What is even the point. Pax is coming up soon, but i do not remember much from last year other than JC7 was there.

You have to remember it's called Game Developers Conference for a reason, the panels are aimed at people making games not really playing them, just some publishers use the event to push publicity towards games as well. That is why most of the stories that do come out are about tech and game design and the state of the industry lol. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:

The thread takes long to load and is a complete mess, because so much (almost) worthless information is posted that buries the small percentage of good information.

It takes long for you? It loads pretty quickly for me. 

Don't dis his thread like that though. It is a good one. You've to admit to that. He tries his hardest to keep track of the news to be able to post it here. =)

It takes long in comparison to the average thread here on VGC.

The idea behind this thread is fine, because it enables spurgeonryan to post everything he finds without cluttering the forums. It was the horror when up to 80 % of the Hot Topics consisted of his threads. Every now and then he found some interesting stuff, but the bad far outweighed the good.

Now he is far better at picking out threadworthy material than he was a few months ago, so there really isn't much of a reason to even look at this thread anymore. If there's something good in it, he will create a separate topic to discuss it more in depth, so that's where I go. The only time I come in here is if the everchanging headline catches my eye. Last time I was looking for the Etrian Odyssey IV trailer, but couldn't find it. I didn't bother to ask for it, because it was labeled as a Promo Trailer, so it probably didn't show any gameplay.

I do have to agree with that.

Good job on the thread Ryan! (I said it for you Rol.) ;)

RolStoppable said:

Last time I was looking for the Etrian Odyssey IV trailer, but couldn't find it. I didn't bother to ask for it, because it was labeled as a Promo Trailer, so it probably didn't show any gameplay.

About two seconds of gameplay, the only interesting part being about FOEs. You missed nothing.

@Rol,

Meh, I like this thread. Its all in one place and I check it about once a day. I then skim through the posts looking for items I like and occasionally post.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Man, I would sooo get Mega Man X - if only I were sure there would be way to transfer all my Wiiware to WiiU!

If DSiWare was transferable to the 3DS. VC/WW will also be transferable to the WiiU.

The only thing that has stopped me on getting more VC is the 50Hz and CC/GC control requirement.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"