By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't necessarily want realism, I just want colors and sharpness.

Great! Because that is what Skyward Sword gave you. Correct?

No, it gave me color. I would like a Zelda like the HD Demo we saw at E3 '11.

What do you think of the new Pokemon movie coming out? By the way are you going to reply to my comment and article post in your official thread?

I'll most likely see it. I generally like the Pokemon movies.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't necessarily want realism, I just want colors and sharpness.

Great! Because that is what Skyward Sword gave you. Correct?

No, it gave me color. I would like a Zelda like the HD Demo we saw at E3 '11.

What do you think of the new Pokemon movie coming out? By the way are you going to reply to my comment and article post in your official thread?

I'll most likely see it. I generally like the Pokemon movies.

I remember the very first pokemon movie that ever came out made me shed a tear. I think it was the one where Ash turned to stone or something. I pretty much liked the next four movies that came out for it as well. Those little shorts before the movie were always cute as well. Have not seen one in a while though. Ofcourse I am getting older, but I will still watch them with my kids.

That movie came out when? When I saw it I was sad too. Mostly because all the Pokemon were crying, I hated Ash when I was younger but now he is a little cooler. 

The idea of turning your controller into a tablet that can act as a second TV just in case. I just really like the idea that if my television breaks for some reason, I won't have to miss out my gaming. Any other platform, you gotta get a whole new TV, but Wii U? It'll be even better if they could get netflix on their. Being able to switch from Mario to Netflix is a very nice idea for a boring family party that isn't coming off as very interactive for myself. Although I guess 3DS will be offering a similar experience, the real difference will obviously be in the hardware itself.

spurgeonryan said:

Portable gaming has always been a hit for younger audiences. In the past, Nintendo ruled the market with the Game Boy and Nintendo DS. While Nintendo has continued the DS-saga with the 3DS, Apple has been gaining marketshare with the iPod Touch. If you’re in the market for a portable gaming system for your kid, this article is for you. Below we compare the value of Nintendo 3DS and the iPod Touch 4th generation from a portable gaming perspective.

Games

While the Nintendo 3DS has many famous titles such as Pokémon and Mario, these games usually cost upwards of $29.  The iPod Touch, which runs iOS, features over 300,000 apps, many of which of are games. Most iOS games are relatively cheap at $0.99 to $9.99. Another nice thing about iOS gaming is the fact that many games are free or “lite” versions of paid games. This will allow your child to be entertained for little to no cost on the iPod Touch. Since children tend to get tired of games easily, the iPod Touch will allow them to try out new games for free! They can pick from a wide variety of genres–from puzzle games to action games. These games are available in the iTunes App Store.

Conveniently, this ignores the hundreds of eShop games for as low as $2 and the various retail game demos. $30 or $40 games are only a part of what the 3DS offers. And since when do kids tire of games easily? They;re willing to invest hundreds of hours into their Pokemons and Marios.

Hardware

While the Nintendo 3DS features two screens, one resistive touchscreen and one 3D, these screens are extremely low resolution compared t0 the iPod Touch’s Retina Display. The 3D effect on the 3DS is not safe for kids under six years old and can give older children headaches. Finally, the 3DS features a cheap, plastic construction while the iPod Touch is built from glass and metal, making for a solid and durable build.

Why would resolution be a big deal on such small screens? The health effects of 3D are speculation, and headache complaints are only valid when people can't adjust the 3D to their liking. And being made out of glass just makes the screen easier to break!

Price

The Nintendo 3DS costs $169 for the system and a 2GB SD card. While this may undercut the iPod Touch by $30, the iPod Touch features 8GB of storage for $199, 32GB for $299 and 64GB for $399. When you pay for the iPod Touch, you’re not just getting for a game system for your child, you’re also getting for an MP3 Player and video player!

You can play music and videos on the 3DS too.

Controls

While the iPod Touch features a full touch screen, this may make gaming tough for some kids. The Nintendo 3DS offers a a touch screen, slide pad, and a plethora of buttons, making gaming easier for some kids. This is because of the tactile response the buttons give so that your child know when he/she has pressed a button.

Conclusion

Personally, I think the best choice for most children is the iPod Touch. This is because of the excellent build quality and outstanding choice of low-priced games. While the iPod may seem more expensive initially, you will definitely save money over time with free and low-priced games from the App Store.

Personally, I think this author has no taste, misestimates the quality of the 3DS and iPod hardware, and has never heard of the eShop.

Love and tolerate.

I don't agree with that review at all. Plain and simple.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't agree with that review at all. Plain and simple.

Which review are you talking about? The Mario Party 9 one?

I was actually referring to the "VS." thing. xD The iPod Touch VS. 3DS one.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/rumor-nst-is-working-on-a-new-game-that-might-be-for-the-3ds

NST, the developers who worked on games such as Metroid Prime Hunters and the cancelled Project H.A.M.M.E.R. for the Wii, are apparently working on a new game. Supposedly, “some concept hit the green light and is in full production”, but we have no idea what that concept is, or even if it’s for the 3DS. It could be for the Wii U. But here’s to hoping for something like Metroid Prime Hunters 2.

If they release brain age for the Eshop, Eshop would take off like crazy. And I personally think it is one of those titles that should be on eshop anyway

3DS won. :) It seems like Sony does better in first week in Europe but then Nintendo takes over in legs.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
3DS won. :) It seems like Sony does better in first week in Europe but then Nintendo takes over in legs.

I am dying to see how the vita did in its second full week! Should be out tonight I thought.

I spotted a bunch of news for pokemon, but then it turned out to be nothing. What about you? You should post the original pokeRap!

Pokemon news isn't like Console news... it's slow. -.-

I'll post that and the trailer (if I can find one for the upcoming episode.)