By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
spurgeonryan said:
Ronster316 said:
Sonic: Triple Trouble arriving sooner than i expected

Super Mario Bros finally arrived in the UK eShop today.

Time to invest in a Nintendo 3DS prepaid card me thinks.

Gonna buy a TONNE of classic platformers over the coming weeks.

The Nintendo shop has been great these past few months! Have you picked up any of the great 3DS eshop games yet?

I work nights only, and have had a lot of work lately, so i haven't had time to get to the shop yet and buy a prepaid card.

Shamefully i have not bought any eShop games yet (but thats gonna change big time over the coming months)

I have some days off starting monday...... so gonna purchase one then.

oh, and Punch-out is defo getting added to my collection, i was addicted to that back in the mid-late 80's when the fairground used to roll in to town.

Around the Network

My new copy of ONM arrived today and it had their review of Kid Icarus: Uprising in it. They gave it a 91%. If anyone wants any clarification, just ask me

spurgeonryan said:
MrT-Tar said:
My new copy of ONM arrived today and it had their review of Kid Icarus: Uprising in it. They gave it a 91%. If anyone wants any clarification, just ask me

that is not too bad!  what does it say its problem areas are? i hope the control is good. That was the only thing I was worried about from watching gameplay videos.

sorry about punctuation and spelling. On my phone.

A quick summary of the review:

Positive:

Fantastic Visuals: 'Forget what we said before, this is the best looking game on 3DS', 'a visual masterpiece' and 'a remarkably beautiful game'

Lots to Do: 'This game is crammed full of stuff too.  The single player campaign is huge, for a start, and it sits alongside two full-featured local and online multiplayer modes' and it is 'dense with content'

Negative (but only slightly):

Controls: 'Takes perseverance to comfortably wrap your paws around the game's on-foot sections, it's intuitive enough once started', 'it's a problematic control scheme at first and if you plan on playing for more than 20 minutes without straining your delicate phalanges, you'll need to rest your forearms on a desk or table, or place your console on the ridiculous 3DS stand that comes bundled with the game'.  The fact that it 'doesn't support the CCPro for anything beyond left handed mode is at best uncompromising and at worst an arrogent mistep on Nintendo's part'.  However, 'there are few games for which we'd suffer a cramped neck and this is one'.

I've had my copy of ONM for this month for awhile! Still haven't read it though.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I've had my copy of ONM for this month for awhile! Still haven't read it though.

well you have seen mr. t-tars thread and the kid icarus review. sound like a great issue1 think we only have nintendo power around here. ou should read it!

I'll read it sooner or later. What do you mean by that?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

well you have seen mr. t-tars thread and the kid icarus review. sound like a great issue1 think we only have nintendo power around here. ou should read it!

I have not seen an official nintendo magazine for ages! Only Nintendo power magazines in my area.

I think they are the same thing.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I have not seen an official nintendo magazine for ages! Only Nintendo power magazines in my area.

I think they are the same thing.

You sure about that?

Why so Serious!

Ohh... Is that the March issue cover?

Everything!
Really though I'm looking forward to seeing all my favorite Nintendo games in HD. That will be cool.

I don't necessarily want realism, I just want colors and sharpness.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I don't necessarily want realism, I just want colors and sharpness.

Great! Because that is what Skyward Sword gave you. Correct?

No, it gave me color. I would like a Zelda like the HD Demo we saw at E3 '11.