By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
It is pretty good. Could use some more RPG's...

Get Tales of The Abyss. Trust me, it's pretty amazing, heaps better than the PS2 version (much more stable and fluid, even when there's 8 characters pulling out High Artes and many other graphic intensive attacks) and it's at least over 70 hours worth of content (over 200 if you want a true perfect 100% file).

I'm going to get that game sooner or later! It looks really fun and it would be my first Tales game. ^.^ I just want some MORE!!! xD

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:

Get Tales of The Abyss. Trust me, it's pretty amazing, heaps better than the PS2 version (much more stable and fluid, even when there's 8 characters pulling out High Artes and many other graphic intensive attacks) and it's at least over 70 hours worth of content (over 200 if you want a true perfect 100% file).

I'm going to get that game sooner or later! It looks really fun and it would be my first Tales game. ^.^ I just want some MORE!!! xD

Me too, but with KH 3D and Etrian Odyssey IV, my RPG thrist will be sated for a while . Then there's also the new Pokemon Games (even though they're not for the 3DS) and we'll probably get a release date for Bravely Default sooner or later.

If you like ToTA after playing it, then I suggest you try to get a hold of a copy of Tales of Symphonia. It's my second favourite Tales of game, but it's nº1 favourite to plenty of people, it's really great.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:

Me too, but with KH 3D and Etrian Odyssey IV, my RPG thrist will be sated for a while . Then there's also the new Pokemon Games (even though they're not for the 3DS) and we'll probably get a release date for Bravely Default sooner or later.

If you like ToTA after playing it, then I suggest you try to get a hold of a copy of Tales of Symphonia. It's my second favourite Tales of game, but it's nº1 favourite to plenty of people, it's really great.

What console is it for?

Salnax said:

I'm happy with the nnumber of 3DS games, but not the quality. In February, we had Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Tales, and Mario & Sonic. That's five notable titles. But it turns out that two (Tekken and Tales) are ports, Metal Gear is an overvalued remake, Mario & SOnic is nothing special, and Resident Evil... is actually pretty good. Still, despite the quantity, I'm left wnating.

I suspect the same thing will happen this month. Kid Icarus will be great, but Rayman will be a subpar port, Crush will be a remake of a game that wasn't that well recieved the first time around, and Rhythm Thief will be inferior to Layton and EBA. Plenty of choices, but not enough good ones.

That said, the 3DS has great titles. Just not as many as the release calender suggests.

Why do you think that Rayman will be a bad port? This game received high ratings on Wii & PS360. Metal Gear is a Remake but a good one. Mario & Sonic is a million seller for sure. The PSP-Version of Crush was a loved in most reviews and many people see this as the best PSP game. The 3DS version is even better! And wait for the reviews of Rhythm Thief.

Great titles for one are mediocre titles for other and vice versa.

NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:

What console is it for?

Gamecube, so you can play it on the wii

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
z101 said:
Salnax said:

I'm happy with the nnumber of 3DS games, but not the quality. In February, we had Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Tales, and Mario & Sonic. That's five notable titles. But it turns out that two (Tekken and Tales) are ports, Metal Gear is an overvalued remake, Mario & SOnic is nothing special, and Resident Evil... is actually pretty good. Still, despite the quantity, I'm left wnating.

I suspect the same thing will happen this month. Kid Icarus will be great, but Rayman will be a subpar port, Crush will be a remake of a game that wasn't that well recieved the first time around, and Rhythm Thief will be inferior to Layton and EBA. Plenty of choices, but not enough good ones.

That said, the 3DS has great titles. Just not as many as the release calender suggests.

Why do you think that Rayman will be a bad port? This game received high ratings on Wii & PS360. Metal Gear is a Remake but a good one. Mario & Sonic is a million seller for sure. The PSP-Version of Crush was a loved in most reviews and many people see this as the best PSP game. The 3DS version is even better! And wait for the reviews of Rhythm Thief.

Great titles for one are mediocre titles for other and vice versa.

I distrust Ubisoft on the 3DS after their launch lineup. Their removal of multiplayer from the Vita version only makes me more nervous.

Metal Gear is a remake of a great game, but the HD systems get the same game and two more for the same price. The ultimate version of MGS3 is probably not worth three times the HD version of the original. Especially since the controls are supposed to be awkward unless you buy a peripheral.

I know Mario & Sonic will be a million seller. The game just doesn't seem that good though.

I've seen reviews of the original and new Crush 3D and honestly, neither version seems that stellar. The original game got scores in the low 80's, and the new one seems to be a full 10 points down. Reviews aren't everything, but they are an indicator.

You're right though. I should be less harsh on Rhythm Thief. And all these other games.

Love and tolerate.

Damn! The 3DS has some freaking kick-ass colors. The Ice White, Flame Red, and Cobalt Blue are all great.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/spanish_pokemon_team_disgraced

Pokémon Brown
This past weekend saw the Pokémon Video Game Championships hit Birmingham, UK, with teams travelling from all over Europe for a shot at the prize. While the event itself went off without a hitch, Ruben Puis Lecegui defending his title to secure a trip to Hawaii, we've heard rumblings of an unpleasant occurrence along the way.
PokéChamp21 on the Pokémon World forums posted about an unsavoury incident involving the Spanish team, a hotel corridor and human faeces. PokéChamp21 wrote:
After 30-40min in my room relaxing with a quick snooze I awoke to the sound of banging comming from down the hall from where the 'Spanish Team' were staying in. It seems that at some point after they had turned up and when we went to Wether Spoons the Spniards had decided to have a 'Poo' fight in the corridor and this had upset the staff and several guests (naturally) at the hotel enough to call the Police and have them leave.
We've also heard accounts of this sorry story from other sources in attendance at the tournament. Certainly not the sort of thing you'd expect to happen at a Pokémon event, let's face it

What the fuck did I just read?

The Wii U is definetly getting some awesome games.

Can't wait until GDC(isn't it today?) and E3.

I not sure about the Assassin's Creed series, but I think I will play a demo of it off my mother's Xbox.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a great game, for many reasons other than fighting. The fighting mechanic is better than Street Fighter's.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3