By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What happened to this website?

Aj_habfan said:
But to be honest I'd rather have a dead thread then one full of posts by annoying little girls like Nintendo Fan Girl or invisible29.

Leave NFG alone :P

Around the Network

I stopped being active because the site, and more specifically, the forums take forever to load. The navigation isn't the best either so it becomes a task to be active, and a very annoying task at that. I only look at the top threads to the right of the home page and if none of the thread titles interest me, I leave. This thread happen to be on that list right now so I clicked it.

Well it was a lot more interesting back then. PSP was the new kid on the block and was the first real battle for nintendo on the handheld front. Eventually though, the DS killed it, but everyone's eyes were on the psp vs DS war. So when the vita is getting its butt kicked by the 3DS, no one really cares because people kinda expect it.

Also, this home console gen WAS the most interesting gen we've ever had, but it's run it's course and is getting boring(sales prove it too). We've seen everything it has to offer. We've seen cod, zelda, Mario, Halo, Bioshock, Mass effect, Super smash brothers, Batman, wii sports etc.. Releasing sequels to those games on these current consoles will not interest people anymore. They want new consoles, they want new experiences. That buzz is gone and I hope microsoft and Sony realize this and dont get their heads to stuck up in the clouds from the positive hardware sales, because they will die fast just like it did this December.

spurgeonryan said:
leatherhat said:
We lost a lot of good users too. If you guys still have contact with them you should try to drag them back.

Darth is all over the place, Maxwell came back to post on Pbroy's wall, Talon Man is here occasionally, Benga Benga came back for a few weeks, but have not seen him since, Montana is here as you know, Rocket Pig is back, Smeags is here, Khuttra is here, HighwayStar is here. There are many others of course. Now that they are settled on other sites it is probably hard to just come back. Almost like coming to a new site. Things are changed around, new users, etc.

Hmm- maxwell made an appearance? I think I'm gonna go post on his wall. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

spurgeonryan said:
leatherhat said:
We lost a lot of good users too. If you guys still have contact with them you should try to drag them back.

Darth is all over the place, Maxwell came back to post on Pbroy's wall, Talon Man is here occasionally, Benga Benga came back for a few weeks, but have not seen him since, Montana is here as you know, Rocket Pig is back, Smeags is here, Khuttra is here, HighwayStar is here. There are many others of course. Now that they are settled on other sites it is probably hard to just come back. Almost like coming to a new site. Things are changed around, new users, etc.

I've been yelling at noname2200 on my 3DS friends list

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
NightDragon83 said:
The forum activity seems to be alot more sporadic these days, as opposed to when I used to frequent this site alot back in late '07 and most of '08, where you generally had the same group of regulars on here for what seemed like 24/7 almost every day.

I wouldn't say that, unless of course your kidding, he was the first one to be-friend me and many other new users out there! He's pretty cool!

Lol sry for the misunderstanding... I was speaking in a general manner, not necessarily directing the "you" at the OP or anyone on here in particular.  Just saying that back when I first joined the site a little over 4 years ago it had a smaller but pretty involved and dedicated community of members that would be on here constanly posting pretty much all the time.  Not that I was that active myself, usually I'd post here and there on topics that caught my attention, pretty much like I do now since I began visiting the site regularly again over the past year.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

spurgeonryan said:
RVDondaPC said:
I stopped being active because the site, and more specifically, the forums take forever to load. The navigation isn't the best either so it becomes a task to be active, and a very annoying task at that. I only look at the top threads to the right of the home page and if none of the thread titles interest me, I leave. This thread happen to be on that list right now so I clicked it.

For the longest time they were changing the server over. Now they are doing a lot of work switching the site over to the new site. But once everything is totally done it should not be slow anymore.

I hope so. The sites been really slow for a really long time now. I think it has more to do with all the advertisements on the forums. But hopefully the new server helps. It literally takes about 30 seconds to a minute before I can scroll down a thread smoothly without it jumping in sections. And sometimes no matter how long I let it load it never scrolls smoothly. And regardless it takes 30 seconds to load a page completely. Reminds me of the internet 10 years ago. 

The biggest issue? People continuously posting threads like 'Top 100 games!' or 'Top 100 films!' or 'Best 100 video games characters!' or 'best user tournament- Round 1 Match 27!'

There's plenty of people posting, but ever since you got points for having people post in your thread, a badge for 1,000 posts and Seece and Machina doing it, everyone else is.

This, in my opinion, is more offensive and more likely to drive people away than a lack of sales figures. I left a few months ago because of this, and the situation has only got worse.

There's plenty of stuff going on in the gaming world (CES, SOPA, game releases in a few weeks etc.), but much of this doesn't get through because it's 'easier' to post threads like the one above.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for originality, but it's getting ridiculous now. So my hope is people will return to the figures and gaming news and stop posting in such unnecessary threads...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well you've now got 9 pages of posts about a thread about lack of posts, so I think the forum is doing ok.

RVDondaPC said:

that covers a lot of it for me. The forums are a pin to navigate, and there are so many. We have a hot topics and recent threads, but they dont seem to update right or i dont know what requiers a thread to be recent/hot. But going into subforums is a pain i dont bother with it any more. General talk is too broken up, i dont think anyone goes to some of the sub forums any more.