By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What happened to this website?

I remember when people would post instantaneously and regularly. 

The forum on this website is lifeless now. I understand that the layout has been altered; people have their own lives; the gaming industry is not at its best, but what drove so many users away?

What happened?

Around the Network

I became active.

XD

Don't know to be honest... maybe it's just a really boring time right now...

imo it is because access to data has been severely limited.

no access to data, no interesting threads. no interesting threads, no reason to be here.

Millenium said:
I became active.

XD

Don't know to be honest... maybe it's just a really boring time right now...

me too

XD

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

@Sephiroth

Could you be more specific about your complaints?

We actually just came out of a very active period with lots of sales discussions going on very strong (mostly due to the 360 vs PS3 battle). Things got really interesting with the whole MS sold/shipped X amount and the masive overtracking.

Also there's been quite a few threads that have just ended like the fantasy league thread and the top 50 games thread, which i think were great.

Also many of the older posters have moved on, some are stil here but dont participate as much in threads. Newer posters have come to the fore, whether or not you find them worthy replacements is up to you.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Things have been slow over the last few weeks though, but i accredit that to the time of year. Some people are on holiday, some are coming out of holiday, some are starting school, university etc. Its just a hectic time of year.

I myself have only become truly active again over the last week, since mid december.

kitler53 said:
imo it is because access to data has been severely limited.

no access to data, no interesting threads. no interesting threads, no reason to be here.

theres almost zero threads on software sales atm and thats mostly due to the top 200 being reduced to top 50

This website is all about sales, and at the end of the generation when everything is decided, sales aren't as fun. There'll be another big spike once the big 3 release their next consoles.

How u gonna play me like that?

Older people leaving for various reasons and the site isn't really attracting many new users. I think when the new consoles get released in a year or two it will pick up, but I don't see it changing much in the meantime.