By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What happened to this website?

NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
leatherhat said:
RolStoppable said:

Well, that's certainly not going to help. If there's a problem, because nobody speaks out against them, you don't solve it by not naming them.

Its you 3 times. Sry.

I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on his list, but three times would be too much of an honor.

Rol I don't think he was talking to you, I think he was talking to M.U.G.E.N. Your not a problem you have some humor which actually helps the site a little.

Swing and a miss

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

you should really name names ,it would make things very interesting and explode serphiroths thread,

wonders who they are

Above & Beyond

spurgeonryan said:
NiKKoM said:
Spurgeonryan is hitting on every member out there.. Boy girl doesnt matter... He's scaring everyone away.. Especially the new ones..

Hmmm... I thought this was just a joke the first time you said it a few months back, but I guess it was not. So what you are saying is that a new member on a site just wants be left alone. They do not want anyone to ever interact with them. I know when I first got here, along with many others I was greeted by the Lady with the 5,000 friends. She is long gone now, but it made me happy that I was welcomed. I am not here telling these newer members, "Welcome! Want to have a big video game sex orgy." I simple say something nice and leave it as that. If I come across them again later on I will stop by and say hi.

GamrRewards. It did not start out as a huge iphone spamathon. But over time as it became apparent that people wanted to push the envelope it just turned into that. Most of it started as a sincere way to help the site with content. Before long I realized that just adding PC and GC facts was not going to be enough to last against the onslaught of neverending iphone games. By the way, Game Admin Pbroy started us out on iphone games and told everyone in a thread that iphone games were lacking on this site. In the thread he showed us the sites to get all the information for iphone games and 40 games that he added just to get people interested. In the end it turned into a viscious iphone free for all, but things always get out of control when prizes are involved. Also to be honest if you look at most wanted cheats, on this site, you will see that there are a lot of iphone games that get views. Gamers are googling iphone games and vgchartz is popping up. Iphone games might not get too many threads on this site, but that does not mean that there is not a market for them.

In the long run I think it is just all of the changes that is scaring everyone off. When I even go to another site, it is very confusing from the start. What do I do, where do I go, etc. Just think how it must be for users like the OP or others who only come here occasionally, when they come to this site and it is changed around yet again. Why even waste your time! Even the people who left right when the site changed to 3.0 over a year or so ago, would not recognize it as it is today.

Threads. Oh my god it is always about the threads. Too many posts, too little posts, too many threads, too little threads. But no one other than a few ever want to post anything worth while. As soon as it is off the front page you are pretty much done for good. Occasionally you will get lucky, and someone will see the thread on hot topics or the front page as they are looking at the numbers. Like some have said, this is a sales site. Sales threads obviously do great here. Everything else will just have to take its scraps when they come. Everyone has different tastes. Take Nsanity for instance, he mostly seems to post threads about everything other than Nintendo. You hardly ever will see me there. On the same side of things you will hardly see users such as Seece or even Machina in a Nintendo thread. They have posted in them, but they really do not go into them much. Seece even said that he has hardly played Nintendo games before, other than Pokemon. So they are on there side and others are on theirs. MUGEN in this very thread said that he stays in his own little world mostly. You may see him in an anime or manga  or even voting thread from time to time, but mostly he is in his Vita thread. Again, sales is king, and that is what you are going to talk about here if you want conversations. Everything else is just filler to get us to the next Media Create or NPD thread.

That is great though, because THIS IS A SALES SITE!

Seece and Machina were just used as my example because they are well known, and I notice when they post. Especially in my threads because I get the instant sweats wondering if it will be locked or if I said something idiotic. That goes for when Montana Hatchet posts in them as well.

I hope that I did not break any rules writing that, but that is just what I think.

Wow that Post was PERFECT! That is exactly how I felt when I joined the site, I was also looking at all these people getting banned and was even afraid to post. I really hope that the chartz that I used to love on this site come back, I miss the Chartz in "VGChartz" :( (I read the whole thing  btw! ^-^)

RolStoppable said:
leatherhat said:
NintendoPie said:

Rol I don't think he was talking to you, I think he was talking to M.U.G.E.N. Your not a problem you have some humor which actually helps the site a little.

Swing and a miss

Hahaha, NintendoPie got leatherhat'ed.

._. Thanks Rol... I was just trying to back you up.

NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
leatherhat said:
NintendoPie said:

Swing and a miss

Hahaha, NintendoPie got leatherhat'ed.

._. Thanks Rol... I was just trying to back you up.

Expect no quarter from Rol

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

This site is fine to me.

MontnaHatchet covered the majority of reasons whats going on here in an earlier post.

Few that I can think to ad:

1. Too many ads. This site has obviously never heard of IAB ad guidelines and are constantly bombarding users with ads that play sound without user initiation, expanding without mouse over etc...really annoying.

2. Not much substance to begin with - I think that most sane people realize that arguing over videogame sales, pointless graphics comparisons, exclusive hype threads and such... is a waste of time. What made this site great is the community which slowly started to disolve in my optinion. Like where is Squlliam? He was awesome...

You can still expect quality posts from D21lewis and badgenome tho :)

I spend most of my time on AVSForums, Nvidia forums, XDA forums...as there is quite a lot of productive talk and productive criticism as well. Here the moment you post a cool gaming rig or projector setup you built, you get PM's how you're an asshole for showing off. True story...

The site is doing fine, there's been tons of big threads lately and I find my self posting more. What we need is to get all those lurkers to post.

And we are TOO defensive towards our personal consoles. Even when we try to be funny people get attack as haters. A lot of us need to relax and realize people's opinion will differ from their own.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
disolitude said:

I spend most of my time on AVSForums, Nvidia forums, XDA forums...as there is quite a lot of productive talk.

If users stay relevant and do some research before posting the post relevancy will get better over time. But it's a bit of a catch 22 because the more poised you are the less interactive and endearing you could be. The line is fine, maybe some of us (I include myself) need to learn to relax (like psrock said), embrace the opinions of others with open minds and less defensiveness, while keeping a healthy level of relevancy.

I find it challenging tbh, my biggest challenge is staying light-hearted and driving a point home without being a jerk about it ;)

psrock said:
The site is doing fine, there's been tons of big threads lately and I find my self posting more. What we need is to get all those lurkers to post.

And we are TOO defensive towards our personal consoles. Even when we try to be funny people get attack as haters. A lot of us need to relax and realize people's opinion will differ from their own.

And banned.