By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What happened to this website?

kitler53 said:
Kynes said:
kitler53 said:
tarheel91 said:
This website is all about sales, and at the end of the generation when everything is decided, sales aren't as fun. There'll be another big spike once the big 3 release their next consoles.

you do realize that a new gen (3DS vs. vita) has already begun and still no one is excited, right?

How can we be excited with one console destroying sales wise the other? Right now it's like watching a heavyweight fighting with a 10 years old boy.

when ps3 was getting destroyed we were more than happy to discuss and analyse the situation so a fail to see your point.

That was because no one expected the Ps3 to obliviated in the beginning. So of course a lot of people would like to discuss that. Some were more genuine with their intentions than others obviously, but there was some great discussing to be had about it.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Kynes said:
kitler53 said:
tarheel91 said:
This website is all about sales, and at the end of the generation when everything is decided, sales aren't as fun. There'll be another big spike once the big 3 release their next consoles.

you do realize that a new gen (3DS vs. vita) has already begun and still no one is excited, right?

How can we be excited with one console destroying sales wise the other? Right now it's like watching a heavyweight fighting with a 10 years old boy.

when ps3 was getting destroyed we were more than happy to discuss and analyse the situation so a fail to see your point.

PS3 was never outsold 5 to 1 by the Wii or the X360.

many reasons as I see it

1. It's just that time of year..no big game related trade shows around so things are slowing down a lot.
2. Too much trolling from some old users and many new users who have forgotten the immediate past..the cycle will not end this way..I won't name names
3. imho some so called great posters actually contribute to the decline. I won't name them but I know around 3 who I believe to fit the bill. But they have been around for longer so no one speaks out against them.
4. some great posters got banned for some real stupid reasons..case in point Joeroc..one of the reasons I joined this place. Such an informative poster..and some posters have reduced posting due to various reasons case in point CGI..and some posters just stopped posting altogether..case in point darth (where the F r u)
5. due to flaming and trolling I have stopped even bothering with any section outside of Sony discussions now. Waste of my time. I don't post as much as I used to and I used to be like Nsanity with news related threads. Not anymore. I am more than happy with my official Vita thread and I post around 90% of my posts there. I know few others who do the same
6. As much as I don't like to say this, and as much as some will not like to admit it, with the new changes and constant adjustments (some being huge ones) the credibility of this site have taken a hit. Considering that's the main attraction of this place over a place like NeoGaf, that's a bit of an issue. The three regions VGC track the best, also gets numbers from even more popular sources. For example NA NPD, Japan Mediacreate, Europe (forgot the name..the guys whose numbers ninty uses in their report). This is just my honest opinion on the matter

I do believe it will be fine tho :) things will get better..some things like the moderation team has already gotten better so I am hopeful

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

why do people always complain about spambots and posting for the sake of posting,i've seen users spam their way to over 15,000 posts over the years and no one says anything but new people get criticised,we are a community whatever is going on

if we were all the same what would be the point and you don't have to worry about feeling old,its good to have a diverse age group,i'd be more worried if was 18-26 and on here 24-7 to be honest >_>

Above & Beyond

M.U.G.E.N said:
many reasons as I see it

1. It's just that time of year..no big game related trade shows around so things are slowing down a lot.
2. Too much trolling from some old users and many new users who have forgotten the immediate past..the cycle will not end this way..I won't name names
3. imho some so called great posters actually contribute to the decline. I won't name them but I know around 3 who I believe to fit the bill. But they have been around for longer so no one speaks out against them.
4. some great posters got banned for some real stupid reasons..case in point Joeroc..one of the reasons I joined this place. Such an informative poster..and some posters have reduced posting due to various reasons case in point CGI..and some posters just stopped posting altogether..case in point darth (where the F r u)
5. due to flaming and trolling I have stopped even bothering with any section outside of Sony discussions now. Waste of my time. I don't post as much as I used to and I used to be like Nsanity with news related threads. Not anymore. I am more than happy with my official Vita thread and I post around 90% of my posts there. I know few others who do the same
6. As much as I don't like to say this, and as much as some will not like to admit it, with the new changes and constant adjustments (some being huge ones) the credibility of this site have taken a hit. Considering that's the main attraction of this place over a place like NeoGaf, that's a bit of an issue. The three regions VGC track the best, also gets numbers from even more popular sources. For example NA NPD, Japan Mediacreate, Europe (forgot the name..the guys whose numbers ninty uses in their report). This is just my honest opinion on the matter

I do believe it will be fine tho :) things will get better..some things like the moderation team has already gotten better so I am hopeful

Interesting reasons M.U.G.E.N :)

I agree with bolded, i was thinking the very same thing.

With regards to CGI, i think he has stated many times why he wasnt as active as he use to be, and think it has something to do with bolded as well.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
many reasons as I see it

Interesting reasons M.U.G.E.N :)

I agree with bolded, i was thinking the very same thing.

With regards to CGI, i think he has stated many times why he wasnt as active as he use to be, and think it has something to do with bolded as well.

glad to see someone else see it as well :)

and my goodness.. :S people are actually using THIS thread to troll as well if you look some posts above you smh... "goes back to the official vita thread'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I would say that I have been around for a while, but I have not contributed much to the community. I find myself as more of an observer. I still frequent the site as much as I used to and it is still fun to look over the threads, however I do have to agree that a lot of great members do not post as much. Although not directly participating myself, I would always enjoy reading their posts back in the day.

I would agree that it seems to be a rather slow time right now and the threads are not as interesting, but that has not prevented me from coming again and again. I am always interested in video game sales, and I welcome the new members. Hopefully things will pick up again as the next gen consoles release.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

O.P., you left. When did you leave? Why did you leave? Maybe people felt the same way you did and left, too. I'm not quite sure what you expected when you came back. Circus clowns? Filthy sex orgies? What? It's just a video game sales site. Sorry we let you down.

zuvuyeay said:
why do people always complain about spambots and posting for the sake of posting,i've seen users spam their way to over 15,000 posts over the years and no one says anything but new people get criticised,we are a community whatever is going on

if we were all the same what would be the point and you don't have to worry about feeling old,its good to have a diverse age group,i'd be more worried if was 18-26 and on here 24-7 to be honest >_>

Wasn't anything against newer users, just people since the latest site revision who feel the need to post for the sake of posting. There's posting a lot and then there's doing the bare minimum to not be technically spamming.

MontanaHatchet said:
zuvuyeay said:

Wasn't anything against newer users, just people since the latest site revision who feel the need to post for the sake of posting. There's posting a lot and then there's doing the bare minimum to not be technically spamming.

yes i know what you mean,do you not warn people,i'm a lazy person,its people like you who keep a site ship shape,i think its something we have all been guilty of,i remember seeing people putting just a letter in each post to get their count up,haha

people love the heyday years of vgc when i was lurking amd just joined,when the site had all topics,charts on one page and everybodys favourite analysis tools,i guess everything was just right,including the launch of all the consoles,the site is certainly more ambitious now

the irony is that the one thing most people hate drove the community,fanboyism(maybe i'm wrong)

Above & Beyond