By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii a success?

Well, answer the damn question.

Yes, it is. 426 88.02%

No, it isn't. 36 7.44%

I like it when you are unoriginal, Rol! 20 4.13%

Total:482

Overall, yes.

Around the Network

I can't tell if this guy is serious lets look at facts that matter
1 It made Nintendo loads of profit!
2 the most successful /selling Nintendo console since N E S also still top of the current gen.
3 games are debatable but,

i'd say i'm pretty satisfied with Nintendo's titles alone, but there is hefty third party games compared to n64.

Which was only 398 games total Game Cube was alright Wii is better the only draw back I say is lack of racing games that look Game Cube/Wii quality ,

So in short it was a success.

Seece said:

Vs. Competition - not sure if I can apply a rating here, or a real comparison ... 1st half of the gen Wii owned, 2nd half it got its ass handed to it, even?

Not true Seece. Far from even really when talking about sales.

The Wii has won 4 out of the 5 full Years it's been available. It won these Years by a combined total of ~34 Million units to the nearest competitor (With PS3/360).

It just lost the first Year. It lost to the leader by what seems to be somewhere around 3 Million... Hard to say until we get adjustments.

It's won, Yearly, by over 30 Million units within 5 full Years. It's owned and kicked ass, when comparing to PS360.

yes wii was a huge succes financialy and from a sales stanpoint even bigger it will probley end up being the third best selling console of all time at the end of its life only behind ds and ps2 1st party games were great 3rd party dismissal

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

Vs. Competition - not sure if I can apply a rating here, or a real comparison ... 1st half of the gen Wii owned, 2nd half it got its ass handed to it, even?

Not true Seece. Far from even really when talking about sales.

The Wii has won 4 out of the 5 full Years it's been available. It won these Years by a combined total of ~34 Million units to the nearest competitor (With PS3/360).

It just lost the first Year. It lost to the leader by what seems to be somewhere around 3 Million... Hard to say until we get adjustments.

It's won, Yearly, by over 30 Million units within 5 full Years. It's owned and kicked ass, when comparing to PS360.

The gen is over? no, and I was talking more about just hardware sales.

Around the Network

Yes. It sold more than any non-Sony console in history, brought something new to gaming, and has a library unlike any other, that will doubtlessly be remembered for years. Was it as successful as its competitors? Hard to say, but that's not the question.

Love and tolerate.

Seece said:

If we don't know when the generation will end, how can you say the Wii got a buttkicking for half of it? How do you know what's going to happen over the next 2/3/4/5 Years?

Yes. Absolutely a success. Nintendo did what they had to do and I couldn't be happier for the company.

If you think back to before the wii came out, it seemed like this might have been Nintendo's last hurrah in the home console business.. even though the cube did make a profit. Almost Nobody would have thought it would turn out this way.
I just hope at least 1 of the big 3 do not mimic the same business strategy next gen- so I have something to play ;)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

If we don't know when the generation will end, how can you say the Wii got a buttkicking for half of it? How do you know what's going to happen over the next 2/3/4/5 Years?

Yeah because Wii is likely to recovered and get good SW support from this point onwards ...

Seece said:

Yeah because Wii is likely to recovered and get good SW support from this point onwards ...

I never said that Seece.

What Im saying is that, we have no idea what's going to happen with the PS3 and 360 over the next couple of Years. Both will have a great 2012... But beyond that it's unknown. New HW will be very likely for 2013...