By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii a success?

Well, answer the damn question.

Yes, it is. 426 88.02%

No, it isn't. 36 7.44%

I like it when you are unoriginal, Rol! 20 4.13%

Total:482

Yes

/Thread

Around the Network

Ofcourse it was a success Rol. Theres a reason its the only console about to reach 100 million this year.

OT: Nintendo did alot better this gen then last gen, The gamble with the motion control really paid off.

Nah.

Despite the quick start, it's ultimately fell behind the sales pace and will come 2nd in the generation. The PS2 will win.

If your not including personal opinion on the console than it is impossible to say no without just doing it to for fun.

From a sales standpoint? yes. 90 million Wiis sold is very impressive.

But what about its game library? Its really lacking compared to PS3 an Xbox 360. Zelda and Mario aren't enough. You can't deny that.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

But what about its game library? Its really lacking compared to PS3 an Xbox 360. Zelda and Mario aren't enough. You can't deny that.

Zelda and Mario aren't enough compared to what?

If we're talking sales, I'm going to say that it has been a great success, with the proviso that it could easily have been a much greater success if Nintendo properly capitalized on it. Still, with over ninety million sold, with pure profit on each from day one, and an unprecedented number of ten-, twenty-, thirty-, and even seventy-million-sellers, I'd say they're not too upset with it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The sales figures is testament to the sucess of the Wii. It failed only in catering to the core gamers

VGKing said:

I can. I'd rather have the Galaxy games, the Zelda games, DK, Metroid, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, and many more over the entire PS3 library (and especially) the 360 library any day.

This attitude is the one that made you lose horribly in the greatest user thread

People who use doublespaces after each sentence should burn in hell, because what they do only leads to other people having more work to do.

I lol'd

OT:

Financially - 9/10, only reason I marked them down one point is for not raising the Wii's price (MS did it in the UK and got away with it) and not shipping enough during high demand.

Games - 8/10, whilst the games for Wii typically arnt my cup of tea, that doesn't mean they didn't make the right decisions with their SW. Marked them down for not developing enough 1st party exclusives, even during the peak. Last year or so have been pretty bad.

Third Party Relations - 4/10, awful, and don't go blaming 3rd parties either, saw a quote on gaf the other day. 'If you throw a party and nobody turns up, it's not the people that didn't turn up that's at fault, it's the host' (or something to that effect anyway) think it rings true to Nintendo. They just expected 3rd parties to come to Wii, didn't seem to work with them or offer incentives ect (just look at MS on how you should treat 3rd Parties)

Legacy - 6/10, Nintendo have managed to marr the Wii's legacy over the last 2 years, and it's going to go out with a wimper (could have been so different). In the majority of gamers eyes it's a disgrace, to the majority that bought one, they don't give a crap, they're onto the next thing. 10 years time the Wii won't be remembered fondly of. Gets points for selling as much as it did.

Vs. Competition - not sure if I can apply a rating here, or a real comparison ... 1st half of the gen Wii owned, 2nd half it got its ass handed to it, even?