By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED - 3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan * And Does It Faster Than Wii

3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan

Go 3DS!! 171 68.40%

Gamecube is doomed! 79 31.60%

Total:250

probably surpassed +10 consoles Xbox/Xbox 360/Genesis?/DreamCast/Turbografix and a lot of other stuff =p

Around the Network

Way to suck, Gamecube.

Bah!

I still play gamecube, and I don't have 3ds.But I'm not Japanese

Oh man, it`s hard to go back and remember that GC really sold that bad in Japan. 3DS might be a hit now, but GC did pretty bad too.
I loved my GC!

MontanaHatchet said:
Slimebeast said:
So? It's like comparing apples with pears.

While I agree with you that it's not fair to compare the two, the 3DS achieved in 10 months what took the Gamecube its whole sales lifetime. There's no question that the 3DS had achieved a lot in its first year and it should be interesting to see if it can build on that momentum going into 2012.

Yes but it's also that the proportions were so off to start with. I associate Gamecube with a 20 million unit business while anything with "DS" in it I expect to sell  over 100 million so it was obvious that the 3DS would reach GC lifetime numbers pretty quickly.

Now you might say that sales of 100 million units should never be taken for granted and the 3DS had a very rough start and it's remarkable how it has gained momentum and in that case I agree with you.

Around the Network

Not really anything big to brag about.

Also, doomed posts need to die.

Carl2291 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only does it just seem like really lazy bragging, but I think almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed."

Carl2291 said:

I think your statement do0med to begin with!

Slimebeast said:
So? It's like comparing apples with pears.

"So" nothing really, I just found it amusing and thought I'd share :p

spurgeonryan said:
I just like kid's picture choices. Grey gc with blue 3ds. Matches right?

huh?