By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED - 3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan * And Does It Faster Than Wii

3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan

Go 3DS!! 171 68.40%

Gamecube is doomed! 79 31.60%

Total:250
Carl2291 said:
Roma said:
Carl2291 said:
Its a figure of speech, Roma. I was going to say 90% to be more accurate though. I mean, out of your 4 posts in this thread, youve said it about 6 times.

Miz, something weird happened to my phone :(

These doom words will be here weather you like it or not so just live with it or leave the internet all together

Spam just bores me and clutters up threads.

Well you sure aren’t making threads less clutter-ie

OT: next up is the PS3 and then... what comes then?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Interesting yes, but impressive? Not really. Consider that Wii struggled to get good games for a while and 3DS has Monster Hunter, Mario Kart, and 3D Land. Now, a comparison to another portable next year (Vita) will be more interesting to see.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Didn't it have an $80 pricecut in its first 3 months? Not shocking it did so well to be honest.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

spurgeonryan said:
miz1q2w3e said:
spurgeonryan said:
I just like kid's picture choices. Grey gc with blue 3ds. Matches right?

huh?

I was on my Kindle Fire and it auto fills words. Kid was supposed to be Miz.

I meant the colors thing, they don't actually match so I thought it was sarcasm

hatmoza said:
Didn't it have an $80 pricecut in its first 3 months? Not shocking it did so well to be honest.

Nah the price drop was 5 months in (6 months from Japanese launch).

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:
Not really anything big to brag about.

Also, doomed posts need to die.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only does it just seem like really lazy bragging, but I think almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed."

How you know? You were almost not active then, and they said even more worse things than just doomed...

I definitely did lurk at the time of the launch to the highest selling game system ever, even if I didn't necessarily post.

Even if people did claim the 3DS was "doomed," or some variation of that, bragging 10 months later with the same tired shtick is just arrogant and annoying. And yes, lazy.

RolStoppable said:
milkyjoe said:
When does it become impressive then? Can we nail this down now to save time later? It's probably going to pass the PS3 lifetime total next year or so, will that be the start of impressive or do we keep waiting?

When it prints as much money as the DS, then it will be impressive. Selling a lot at a loss isn't much of an achievement.

Hmmm, Sony and Microsoft sell at a loss for the first few years of a new systems lifecycle. So it's ok for them but not Nintendo? Sell hardware at a loss, acheive critical mass and make profit on the software. It's a common business model, Nintendo just hasn't done it before.

The games are slowly coming, I'll definitely jump in soon enough. I'll agree with the other posters who say that comparing the 3DS to the Gamecube means very little.

MontanaHatchet said:
Lostplanet22 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:
Not really anything big to brag about.

Also, doomed posts need to die.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only does it just seem like really lazy bragging, but I think almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed."

How you know? You were almost not active then, and they said even more worse things than just doomed...

I definitely did lurk at the time of the launch to the highest selling game system ever, even if I didn't necessarily post.

Even if people did claim the 3DS was "doomed," or some variation of that, bragging 10 months later with the same tired shtick is just arrogant and annoying. And yes, lazy.

I hope you don't mean me cuz I didn't make this thread to brag, I just thought it was amusing

@bolded: You heard it here first?!

mothman said:
RolStoppable said:
milkyjoe said:
When does it become impressive then? Can we nail this down now to save time later? It's probably going to pass the PS3 lifetime total next year or so, will that be the start of impressive or do we keep waiting?

When it prints as much money as the DS, then it will be impressive. Selling a lot at a loss isn't much of an achievement.

Hmmm, Sony and Microsoft sell at a loss for the first few years of a new systems lifecycle. So it's ok for them but not Nintendo? Sell hardware at a loss, acheive critical mass and make profit on the software. It's a common business model, Nintendo just hasn't done it before.

Where did Rol state it was okay for the other companies?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs