By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED - 3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan * And Does It Faster Than Wii

3DS Surpasses Lifetime Gamecube Sales In Japan

Go 3DS!! 171 68.40%

Gamecube is doomed! 79 31.60%

Total:250
Carl2291 said:
Roma said:
Carl2291 said:
Roma said:
lol at the doom haters!

its just to make fun of the doom sayers so nothing serious i mean GC is already dead so how can it even be doomed when its out already :P

You say the word doomed, or some variation of it, in at least 25% of your posts. On another note, doing this faster than the Wii is kinda impressive.

I’m flattered you keep track of my posts   

I think this might break the thread. But anyway. Its not exactly hard to "keep track of" something you see repeated over and over and over and over again.

But you need to keep track of all my other posts to come to a percentage in the end right?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Roma said:

I’m flattered you keep track of my posts   

I think this might break the thread. But anyway. Its not exactly hard to "keep track of" something you see repeated over and over and over and over again.

What now?

milkyjoe said:
When does it become impressive then? Can we nail this down now to save time later? It's probably going to pass the PS3 lifetime total next year or so, will that be the start of impressive or do we keep waiting?

If it had done this without being the successor to by far the best selling console in Japan ever, without a pricecut and without key SW having to be rushed (MK7), then sure. Id have found it impressive. Is it impressive right now? Sales-wise, yeah. Is passing the gamecube impressive, for a Nintendo handheld thats had all of the above (along with a Mario and MonHun added on to it!)? No.

Its a figure of speech, Roma. I was going to say 90% to be more accurate though. I mean, out of your 4 posts in this thread, youve said it about 6 times.

Miz, something weird happened to my phone :(

Carl2291 said:
Its a figure of speech, Roma. I was going to say 90% to be more accurate though. I mean, out of your 4 posts in this thread, youve said it about 6 times.

These doom words will be here weather you like it or not so just live with it or leave the internet all together

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Every time I see that sexy GC controller, I get all horny.

RolStoppable said:
milkyjoe said:
When does it become impressive then? Can we nail this down now to save time later? It's probably going to pass the PS3 lifetime total next year or so, will that be the start of impressive or do we keep waiting?

When it prints as much money as the DS, then it will be impressive. Selling a lot at a loss isn't much of an achievement.

To be honest I'd say turning around the sales situation Nintendo were experiencing in June to this kind of success is something of an achievement. The 360 sold at a loss in Japan too but it never managed much in the way of sales.

Roma said:
Carl2291 said:

These doom words will be here weather you like it or not so just live with it or leave the internet all together

Spam just bores me and clutters up threads.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only does it just seem like really lazy bragging, but I think almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed."

Really?!? "almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed." Every hater on here and the internet called it a flop until September!

MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:
Not really anything big to brag about.

Also, doomed posts need to die.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only does it just seem like really lazy bragging, but I think almost no one even said the 3DS was "doomed."

How you know? You were almost not active then, and they said even more worse things than just doomed...