By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

good thank god.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Kantor said:
Icyedge said:
No multiplayer?!? Its damn good news lol.

I agree that not every game needs multiplayer, but a survival shooter usually does well to include it.

Meaning that this isn't a survival shooter. This has piqued my interest.

"Survival" as in surviving , not as in Shoot hordes of enemies with friends while talking about daily routines.

i think this way they will focus more on resource gathering and less about shooting, but this is Naughty dog i doubt they will try something like and go with the cliche "Lets kick some Zombie's ass while doing one liners"

i'm actually looking forward to the new Tomb raider because of this, that one has potential to be something new.

Most co-op games do focus on shooting, but I believe a game can be survival-based like you say and have co-op. It's just going to require some creativity and ingenuity. I don't believe a game like that has ever been done.

Kantor said:
PullusPardus said:
Kantor said:

+1 for Naughty Dog then.

Would you say that Crash Bandicoot has a neck? Hmmmm.

Wait, so what you are saying is that a game isn't good until it has guns? >_>; 

why do you have a Dragon avatar then?

Why do I get the terrible feeling you think I'm being serious here?

:/

Because i can't afford a sarcasm meter.
(thats why i said Trolling bullshit )

Tridrakious said:

Uncharted is single player focused. Yes they added multiplayer in 2 and perfected it in 3, but the main reason people buy them is the characters and story.

Interesting, my impression was Uncharted 2 was recieved so well because of the great multiplayer mode, hence why the third one has been successful. i really dont know if those games would have found the same success without the multiplayer mode they added in the second game.

hatmoza said:
For someone who doesn't care much for multiplayer, I'm glad they're going to invest all their efforts in a rich single player experience.

Same boat here, but even as someone who rarely plays MP, fully realizing that in a lot of games, it's a good 50% or more of the game, lack of MP *will* hurt sales potential. And even though I don't play sales, I never like to see a game that I really enjoyed lose money for the developers or even the publishers.

While the M rating is far less of an issue, making a high budget, AAA title with only single player mode seems more than just a little risky; it seems ill-advised. SP only would make the game a rental for many and a late discounted buy for many more. 

While I'm against any perfunctory MP modes simply thrown into a game, particularly those that clearly weren't designed to be played as anything more than a SP game, I'm not sure it's a good idea for Naughty Dog's new IP to be single only.

On the plus side, I'm guessing it will cut down immensely on development time (good MP is not simply thrown together naturally, nor is it adminstered for nothing either) and resources.

Around the Network

I find it a little sad people find the game to be "M" rated as a positive.
That makes Crash and Jak worthless according to your logic. Even Uncharted.

I like multiplayer,but not every game needs it.

The girl is very Ellen Page. Game looks very promising.

sales2099 said:
Seriou question: Does anybody care/realize that this means you won't see another Uncharted game for a while due to resources being shifted here? I mean your looking at at least 4 years until you see Uncharted 4.

That's absolutely fine with me. I loved all the Uncharted games, with uncharted 3 being my favorite but I admit that it needs a break for now, especially with Golden abyss coming soon. It will ensure it's triumphant return late this gen or most likely next gen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

TheFallen said:
The girl is very Ellen Page. Game looks very promising.

So it wasn't just my imagination.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Juno was the character design inspiration whether intentional or subconscious. 

XD

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/the-last-of-us-young-girl-based-from-ellen-page-vga-2011-trailer/