By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

If I can't scream homophobic and racist comments on the mic to other players, then it's not a hardcore game.

Joking aside, this game is looking really cool. Good to see Sony delivering on what matters to me as a gamer.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
No multiplayer?!? Its damn good news lol.

I agree that not every game needs multiplayer, but a survival shooter usually does well to include it.

Meaning that this isn't a survival shooter. This has piqued my interest.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

this game could've been ratted E and I'd still get it!!! without a doubt I know ND will make this game one to be remembered!!! I've watch the trailer like 10 times, hopefully IGN does on of their "analysis" videos to get more clues.

Kantor said:
PullusPardus said:
Kantor said:
Mr Khan said:
An M rated game. Now Naughty Dog can enter the pantheon of "real" developers

Sorry, but nothing can redeem them from that casual garbage series "Crash Bandicoot"

There was not one gun in that series. Not one.

Also i have no idea what you two are talking about, but i'll desrigard it as trolling bullshit

+1 for Naughty Dog then.

Would you say that Crash Bandicoot has a neck? Hmmmm.

Wait, so what you are saying is that a game isn't good until it has guns? >_>; 

why do you have a Dragon avatar then?

PullusPardus said:
Kantor said:

+1 for Naughty Dog then.

Why do I get the terrible feeling you think I'm being serious here?

:/

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Icyedge said:

I agree that not every game needs multiplayer, but a survival shooter usually does well to include it.

"Survival" as in surviving , not as in Shoot hordes of enemies with friends while talking about daily routines.

i think this way they will focus more on resource gathering and less about shooting, but this is Naughty dog i doubt they will try something like and go with the cliche "Lets kick some Zombie's ass while doing one liners"

i'm actually looking forward to the new Tomb raider because of this, that one has potential to be something new.

I am actully glad theres no multiplayer, theres so many games out there that have multiplayer, many which are mainly bought for the online mode. i think its better ND are focusing on things they really want to bring out of a
game, rather than making a game that attempts to target all markets.

however i doubt this is going to be a game that is as popular as say Uncharted. because its going to be a very focused single player game with a specific age demographic; where as Uncharted could be enjoyed by many, this seems to be going for a more edgy, mature audience, which i'm cool with, because thats me.

and the other thing is as soon as the people stepped out of the building, i got the feeling of Enslaved, which i thought was a great game, so it might not work if its too similar to that.

Kantor said:
Icyedge said:

This game should at least have an option for offline/online co op. I hope it is something they are keeping secret for now. Because it looks like this would be a premiere game to play with a friend.

Surviving only on the actions of you and your friend. Making decisions together on just surviving day to day.

Kantor said:
PullusPardus said:
Kantor said:

+1 for Naughty Dog then.

Why do I get the terrible feeling you think I'm being serious here?

:/

I know that feel, bro.

A203D said:
I am actully glad theres no multiplayer, theres so many games out there that have multiplayer, many which are mainly bought for the online mode. i think its better ND are focusing on things they really want to bring out of a
game, rather than making a game that attempts to target all markets.

however i doubt this is going to be a game that is as popular as say Uncharted. because its going to be a very focused single player game with a specific age demographic; where as Uncharted could be enjoyed by many, this seems to be going for a more edgy, mature audience, which i'm cool with, because thats me.

and the other thing is as soon as the people stepped out of the building, i got the feeling of Enslaved, which i thought was a great game, so it might not work if its too similar to that.

Uncharted is single player focused. Yes they added multiplayer in 2 and perfected it in 3, but the main reason people buy them is the characters and story.