By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

pezus said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
no online... okay my hype has dropped for this game by a mile.

Lol. With all the multiplayer games these days, I wonder how one can get hyped for that

Well unless the title is God of War I usually don't play own games with only singleplayer. And I imagined a really great online mode incoming from the trailer. And after playing Uncharted 3 online (best online in a game I've ever played) the fact that Last of us will have no online is a huge dissapointment

What makes you want to play God of War then?

Sorry I meant to say own games that have multiplayer. And God of War is the only singleplayer game I can play 10 times in a row without getting bored. (I'm being a bit sarcastic here) And Zombie shooters are actaully known for their online (Black Ops Zombies, World at War Zombies), left 4 dead and others. The whole point of a Zombie survival/ shooter is to have a great co-op and online mode (at least in my dictionary).

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
btw guys they confirmed that the no network play thing isn't confirmed..which leads me to believe there will be co op :)

Cool, you wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

BasilZero said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
no online... okay my hype has dropped for this game by a mile.

Lol. With all the multiplayer games these days, I wonder how one can get hyped for that

Well unless the title is God of War I usually don't play own games with only singleplayer. And I imagined a really great online mode incoming from the trailer. And after playing Uncharted 3 online (best online in a game I've ever played) the fact that Last of us will have no online is a huge dissapointment

What makes you want to play God of War then?

Sorry I meant to say own games that have multiplayer. And God of War is the only singleplayer game I can play 10 times in a row without getting bored. (I'm being a bit sarcastic here) And Zombie shooters are actaully known for their online (Black Ops Zombies, World at War Zombies), left 4 dead and others. The whole point of a Zombie survival/ shooter is to have a great co-op and online mode (at least in my dictionary).

What about Devil May Cry? Is it cause of the Action or the blood sequences o.o?

I never played or owned Devil May Cry so I can't say.

Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
btw guys they confirmed that the no network play thing isn't confirmed..which leads me to believe there will be co op :)

here ya go

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-13-the-last-of-us-preview

at the very bottom..but i suggest giving the article a read since it's pretty good

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

here ya go

at the very bottom..but i suggest giving the article a read since it's pretty good

Thanks. So it's not a horror game. I knew it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

here ya go

It will have horror elemnts, but it's not the focal point of the game. I'm actually hoping for a completely single player experience, but co-op wouldn't hurt.

I don't believe there's been a game which packs a breathtaking single-player and co-op campaign. Maybe ND can change the f*cking industry in this aspect also.

Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

here ya go

It will have horror elemnts, but it's not the focal point of the game. I'm actually hoping for a completely single player experience, but co-op wouldn't hurt.

I don't believe there's been a game which packs a breathtaking single-player and co-op campaign. Maybe ND can change the f*cking industry in this aspect also.

Your forgeting Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. But I agree for co-op campaign. So far the best co-op campagin's I've played are Gears of War 3 and Killzone 3.

dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Jay520 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

here ya go

Your forgeting Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. But I agree for co-op campaign. So far the best co-op campagin's I've played are Gears of War 3 and Killzone 3.

Well, I meant a game with a superb single-player campaign AND superb co-op campaign. That's what I'm hoping TLOU can offer. (For a moment there, you had me wondering if God Of War 3 had a co-op campaign).