By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

I haven't played a decent apocalypse survival since resident evil 3. This game looks like it combines everything i love in gaming so im having really high hopes for it

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:

Wasn't this game in development since 2006? I doubt it would take them 7 years to release it. Even 6 is too much

2006? o__O

Link?

Player1x3 said:
I haven't played a decent apocalypse survival since resident evil 3. This game looks like it combines everything i love in gaming so im having really high hopes for it

Resident Evil 3 was teh shiz, best horror game I've ever played.

brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:

amen to that(though I think RE2 story was a little bit better)

OT:  The survival horror genre hasn't been good this gen...the only decent game has been dead space. and with recent events even that game might go downhill...

Mordred11 said:
Player1x3 said:

Wasn't this game in development since 2006? I doubt it would take them 7 years to release it. Even 6 is too much

2006? o__O

Link?

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12/03/the-last-of-us-may-have-started-development-in-2006/

The 2nd team inside naughty dog has also been with them since 2006, thoug lots of sources say its been in development since 2009

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:

amen to that(though I think RE2 story was a little bit better)

OT:  The survival horror genre hasn't been good this gen...the only decent game has been dead space. and with recent events even that game might go downhill...

I never really liked Dead Space myself. One thing I think developers keep getting wrong is that for a horror game to be great, you need to feel weak and powerless, or in the case of Resident Evil, maneuver like a tank. What's the point in playing a horror game if your enemies don't pose that much of a threat to you?

As for Resident Evil 2, I liked it but I hated walking through the same mansion environment from the first one, that's what I loved so much about Resident Evil 3, it let you loose throughout Raccoon City, not only was it large but the maps were well designed too. I love all of the older Resident Evil games, they haven't aged well but they still feel so damn fun to play.

I hope The Last of Us delivers in terms of a horror game, it makes 3rd person shooters feel so much fresher. Uncharted had platforming, this game needs horror and survival. I Am Legend was such a brilliant and atmospheric movie, I think they should try and bring the same atmosphere into The Last of Us.

M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:
I find it a little sad people find the game to be "M" rated as a positive.
That makes Crash and Jak worthless according to your logic. Even Uncharted.

I'm guessing it's because of the genre this game will be in...a survival type game with an M rating means they can go all out on how messed up the story of the game is if you get what I'm saying.

Oh, fair point, in this special case.

trailer didnt wow me at all...only thing different about this Zombie game is it doesnt have multiplayer

PullusPardus said:
JOKA_ said:

If there is no multiplayer I'm hoping for a more sandbox type singleplayer. GTA with fungus zombies and roving gangs with Uncharted gameplay and graphics would be stellar.

This, but seeing that its Naughty dog , i doubt they will make a game like that.

They're just too much of a graphic whores.

And look who was complaining/ trolling on Uncharted 3's graphics. You do know you lost your reputuion just because of that thread right?

pezus said:
dsage01 said:
no online... okay my hype has dropped for this game by a mile.

Lol. With all the multiplayer games these days, I wonder how one can get hyped for that

Well unless the title is God of War I usually don't play own games with only singleplayer. And I imagined a really great online mode incoming from the trailer. And after playing Uncharted 3 online (best online in a game I've ever played) the fact that Last of us will have no online is a huge dissapointment