By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

Damn, 360 really nailed it in the US! I am only having a little bit of trouble finding the 103% vs 8% growth of the PS3 vs the 360 in Germany believable.

Wii did a good job with it's bundles as well to get these numbers.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Damn, 360 really nailed it in the US! I am only having a little bit of trouble finding the 103% vs 8% growth of the PS3 vs the 360 in Germany believable.

My guess is there was probably some good deal for the PS3 in Germany this last week.

yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:

My guess is there was probably some good deal for the PS3 in Germany this last week.

Could be yeah, haven't really been checking up on the deals in the countries around me lately, i just hope they are more in line next week...

On a side note: Why is my Halo:CEA doing so (relatively) abysmal in the chartz everywhere?! :( :( :(

Millenium said:
yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:

Could be yeah, haven't really been checking up on the deals in the countries around me lately, i just hope they are more in line next week...

On a side note: Why is my Halo:CEA doing so (relatively) abysmal in the chartz everywhere?! :( :( :(

Isn't it the best selling remake for week 1? So far it's doing well! Should easily hit over a mil in it's second week.

ironmanDX said:
Millenium said:
yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:

Isn't it the best selling remake for week 1? So far it's doing well! Should easily hit over a mil in it's second week.

I'm not sure actually, Halo:CEA is the first remake i ever bought due to my never ending love for Halo, I'll have to check the chartz for the other remakes, and it should be a fair profit for MS in the end, i just expected a little more from Halo you know... I suppose most people already played it in the past.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
ironmanDX said:
Millenium said:
yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:

I'm not sure actually, Halo:CEA is the first remake i ever bought due to my never ending love for Halo, I'll have to check the chartz for the other remakes, and it should be a fair profit for MS in the end, i just expected a little more from Halo you know... I suppose most people already played it in the past.

I feel this Halo wasn't advertised half as much as others in the past, if that. It's probably 343 studios putting on their Spartan helmets and getting used to how halo feels before making halo 4. Not to mention its more for the die hard halo fans, the pre-order and day 1 launch type.

pezus said:
Donutsticks said:
I honestly doubt vgchartz ps3 numbers in the USA. Every retailer in america was carrying the same bundle with lbp3 and the ratchet and clank game and honestly the ps3 bundle was the hottest console on the market this year. every one of the stores in my area sold out of them in minutes. yet if the charts are to be believed only about 150,000 of that bundle was made. Did that mean that only maybe 5 bundles was sent to each store or something then?

Well, there could have been a limited supply of the bundle which is why you saw it being sold out. MS apparently shipped a lot of 360s for BF so they wouldn't run out (and it shows in the numbers )

While I do believe the PS3 was last on Black Friday, given the PR release, I don't think it was that far from the Wii's numbers.  VGC has the PS3 at 388,725.  Nintendo said they sold 500K Wii's just for Thursday night and Black Friday, which leaves ~141K (360 had slightly more) that were sold for the rest of the week.  I would imagine the PS3 would have around the same for the rest of the week.  So subtract 141K from the PS3's ~398K for the week, and you get 257K just for Black Friday.  Now Wal-mart has 4,288 stores in the US, including Sam's Club, and Target has 1,750.  That's ~6K between the both of them, which would give you an average of ~43 consoles per store.  That sounds like a pretty reasonable amount stock for the PS3 Holiday Bundle. 

The only problem is, there are many more stores that recieved those bundles.  When you count the thousands that went to Best Buys, to Game Stops, and to Radio Shacks, you are going to see that average number dwindle down into the 20s.  Then when you consider the thousands of others going to online retailers like Amazon, as well as the fact that not all the PS3s sold on Black Friday were the Holiday Bundle, that will probably drop those numbers into the low teens.  That just doesn't seem realistic to me.

yeah people tend to think that France has a bigger market, but as I previously proved only when you ignore PC sales, which make up over 1/3 of the total software sales in Germany. We have the highest amount of PC gamers in the main gaming markets percentage-wise.

ironmanDX said:
man-bear-pig said:
i dont like this new global thread, there should be different threads for each individual regions software and hardware charts.

Yeah me too! So instead of waiting a little longer for the changes to be complete lets do something drastic and make our own website!!

yeah!!!!!!

Wow, now things get really exciting till the end of the year.

I'm stunned by the big numbers, and even more surprised the Wii outsold the PS3 (especially with the WiiU hanging over for next year.)

I think the new X360 Kinect Dashboard should have been released before Thanksgiving - so many US families getting together more newbies would see what it's like. Missed opportunity there. Still it will be interesting to see the responses after Tuesday (Dec 6, 2011). It's a talky version of what Apple and Goggle TV want to do.

And blown away that the X360 is so close to the Wii in the UK.

(Wondering and watching to see who will win 2011 for hardware.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!