Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

Yeah, UC3 was bundled



Around the Network
theprof00 said:
DélioPT said:
You have to enter the page to a given region and where you choose to see other regions you can select, below Europe, Germany and UK and also choose the week.

Those Just Dance 3 numbers are amazing. I suppose the majority of it will go to Wii.

And the numbers for this past week are up?

Only from UK (http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/weekly.php?reg=UK&date=40874) and Germany(http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/weekly.php?reg=Germany&date=40874)

Was this what you wanted?



nikosx said:
thx1139 said:
mysteroo19 said:
@ Dianko

xbox360 got already a big boost from kinect/mw3 bundles that why it complains a small boost.

What Kinect Bundle?  Certainly an old bundle wouldnt be the explanation.  PS3 jumped 103% in Germany with no new releases and no software above 36K compared to the previous week with Assasins Creed at over 72K and MW3 over 58K.. Wii jumped the week after new Zelda release, not the week of new Zelda release.  I assume they must still be getting the data in order. Otherwise doesnt seem right.

EDIT: Looks like they are basing PS3 sales on last year PS3 sales results.  Problem is last year GT5 released this same week (relative).  Last year PS3 went from just over 22K to just under 46K. This year the increase is nearly the same, problem is no GT5 this year. No big release at all this year.

GT5 doesn't explain why Wii is up 85% . I think the reason could be advertisement. Media Markt,  one of Germany's largest retailer for consumer electronics has a big advertisement campaign. Not sure when it started, but I saw lots of their spots last week.

There is one spot where the gift is a Wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEh67_M5ec and one where the gift is a PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0F7j9eRkI

I've never seen one with Xbox360. Maybe that pushed both Wii and Ps3 last week in Germany.

That may be the case for Germany. But that doesn't explain the UK. The 360 is the dominant console there. Given that no major release or event occurred there in the last week, other than kind of a small black Friday, it doesn't make sense that the PS3 and Wii would see such large rises while the 360 doesn't. Since there is no major release or price-cut, prevailing trends say that the 360 should see a similar increase.



pezus said:
thx1139 said:
nikosx said:
thx1139 said:
mysteroo19 said:
@ Dianko

xbox360 got already a big boost from kinect/mw3 bundles that why it complains a small boost.

What Kinect Bundle?  Certainly an old bundle wouldnt be the explanation.  PS3 jumped 103% in Germany with no new releases and no software above 36K compared to the previous week with Assasins Creed at over 72K and MW3 over 58K.. Wii jumped the week after new Zelda release, not the week of new Zelda release.  I assume they must still be getting the data in order. Otherwise doesnt seem right.

EDIT: Looks like they are basing PS3 sales on last year PS3 sales results.  Problem is last year GT5 released this same week (relative).  Last year PS3 went from just over 22K to just under 46K. This year the increase is nearly the same, problem is no GT5 this year. No big release at all this year.

GT5 doesn't explain why Wii is up 85% . I think the reason could be advertisement. Media Markt,  one of Germany's largest retailer for consumer electronics has a big advertisement campaign. Not sure when it started, but I saw lots of their spots last week.

There is one spot where the gift is a Wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEh67_M5ec and one where the gift is a PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0F7j9eRkI

I've never seen one with Xbox360. Maybe that pushed both Wii and Ps3 last week in Germany.

The YoY % change for the Wii and for the 360 this year and last year are nearly the same as well.  Looks like the simply used the same % for this years numbers.   This is somewhat acceptable except for the GT5 factor that wasnt taken into account.

Nononono, you're reading this all wrong. You're comparing 2011 numbers to 2011 numbers . Germany numbers only go back by one week

NO, I am using thhe hardware table numbers which has many countries for several yearss of data.

 





Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Tridrakious said:
ioi said:


I can't make sense of a single sentence you have written?


I thought what I said was pretty straight forward. How about this?

VGChartz changes to the charts and numbers must be hell for you guys.

I come here for the charts and numbers.

The numbers have been jacked up for the past couple of weeks.

"News articles" on VGC are not well done.

People don't come here for "news".

Without working numbers, VGCHARTZ.com is simply VG.com.

The site is going through changes thus delays are inevitable ... I think everyone here knows this but refuse to acknowledge this? There are charts available unless you can't see the front page ... and all the yearly ect charts are coming back. I wish people would stop being so irrational and think for a second ...

Have you seen the traffic split for this site? I doubt it, if you did you would know yes a lot of people do come here for our writing (VGC and GamrReview especially) so stop making assumptions that are false with nothing to back it up.

Your entire post is unnecessary and just echos others lately that arnt even bothering to check what is actually happening with the site.



 

Around the Network

Why is PS3 up 103% in German???



Seece said:
Tridrakious said:
ioi said:


I can't make sense of a single sentence you have written?


I thought what I said was pretty straight forward. How about this?

VGChartz changes to the charts and numbers must be hell for you guys.

I come here for the charts and numbers.

The numbers have been jacked up for the past couple of weeks.

"News articles" on VGC are not well done.

People don't come here for "news".

Without working numbers, VGCHARTZ.com is simply VG.com.

The site is going through changes thus delays are inevitable ... I think everyone here knows this but refuse to acknowledge this? There are charts available unless you can't see the front page ... and all the yearly ect charts are coming back. I wish people would stop being so irrational and think for a second ...

Have you seen the traffic split for this site? I doubt it, if you did you would know yes a lot of people do come here for our writing (VGC and GamrReview especially) so stop making assumptions that are false with nothing to back it up.

Your entire post is unnecessary and just echos others lately that arnt even bothering to check what is actually happening with the site.

Well there are a couple reasons that would support what you say about GamrReview traffic. But I did also point out that I understand about the changes and how they must be causing you all hell.

There are 8 charts coming, but there is only 4 viewable so far. Again though my complaint isn't really a complaint, because (as I said) it's understandable considering how much of a change is being introduced.



Why is there that big of a difference between the 58.7 million for X360 sales on the front page of VGC while in this thread Seece says 60 million?

Also I dont understand where all these sales are coming from. How can X360 outsell 2010 when its got no formal price drop? Also Kinect sales have beel slumping thru all year so it's hard to understand where that boost comes from.



Slimebeast said:
Why is there that big of a difference between the 58.7 million for X360 sales on the front page of VGC while in this thread Seece says 60 million?

Also I dont understand where all these sales are coming from. How can X360 outsell 2010 when its got no formal price drop? Also Kinect sales have beel slumping thru all year so it's hard to understand where that boost comes from.

Either he's speaking ahead of updates or talking about official shipped numbers.  In the industry the shipped numbers define the public sales.  60 million shipped with 58.7 million sold seems acceptable.

Can't seem to find the post you mention so hard to say without reading his actual words.  Seece is normaly pretty clear in his statements.



Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Who do you think will reach 70m... Xbox or Ps3.



Yay!!!