By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

mysteroo19 said:
here in the netherlands a bundle

PS3 320GB + resistance 3 + gran turismo 5 + motorstorm acolopycs for 299 euro

or PS3 320GB + move starterpack + medival moves + ps move heroes for 288 euro

Where are they selling those mate? Seems much better than the bloody 60GB KZ2 bundle I grabbed from MediaMarkt in 09...

Around the Network

wow, Zelda is doing Awful in the UK.

kowenicki said:
Some of the UK PS3 bundles are getting very generous... eg.

320gb PS3 + Uncharted3 + GT5 + Battlefield 3 + FIFA 12 - £259.99

Guess they realize that they're losing the UK and are making a big effort to gain it.

Wii crosses 91M, misses 1M Weekly but close enough, will do less next week I imagine.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

thx1139 said:

Sorry I dont believe the Europe PS3 numbers at all.

Year Week before BF Week BF Week BF Week Note
2011 151,910 275,573 No major new releases
2010 147,175 267,139 GT5 releases and sells 991,996
2009 184,119 200,123 No major new releases

As you can see this years Europe PS3 numbers look just like last year except no new release at all like GT5 last year.  This years week over week change should be more like 2009. 

The earlier price cut has allowed for far more attractive bundles/deals in UK/Europe so again I don't think the numbers are impossible.  I've seen loads of very, very generous PS3 deals across Europe and while I hesitate to talk anecdotally the feeling I get is of higher level of demand.

We'll see if the site adjusts down but this year is different to 2009 in terms of price/bundles with the PS3 coming across a lot cheaper and more attractive in the region.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

@Millenium

Bartsmit + eplaza are selling these bundles

( one of the 2 are internet only )

mysteroo19 said:

@Millenium

Bartsmit + eplaza are selling these bundles

( one of the 2 are internet only )

Bloody hell, those are decent sales, I can see why this would give PS3 a boost somewhat, also makes me think I should have waited two years, I might have been able to enjoy those games & save 100 euros, but instead I've got KZ2, which I hate with all my being...

It's still 400.361 US dollars, but for over here, it's not a bad deal. :)

Wow great 360 sales. I'm really starting to wonder if 360 can beat out PS3 globally this year. It's going to be really close between the two. Wii will be below PS3 for the rest of the holidays most likely.

thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
Donutsticks said:
I honestly doubt vgchartz ps3 numbers in the USA. Every retailer in america was carrying the same bundle with lbp3 and the ratchet and clank game and honestly the ps3 bundle was the hottest console on the market this year. every one of the stores in my area sold out of them in minutes. yet if the charts are to be believed only about 150,000 of that bundle was made. Did that mean that only maybe 5 bundles was sent to each store or something then?

Well, there could have been a limited supply of the bundle which is why you saw it being sold out. MS apparently shipped a lot of 360s for BF so they wouldn't run out (and it shows in the numbers )

While I do believe the PS3 was last on Black Friday, given the PR release, I don't think it was that far from the Wii's numbers.  VGC has the PS3 at 388,725.  Nintendo said they sold 500K Wii's just for Thursday night and Black Friday, which leaves ~141K (360 had slightly more) that were sold for the rest of the week.  I would imagine the PS3 would have around the same for the rest of the week.  So subtract 141K from the PS3's ~398K for the week, and you get 257K just for Black Friday.  Now Wal-mart has 4,288 stores in the US, including Sam's Club, and Target has 1,750.  That's ~6K between the both of them, which would give you an average of ~43 consoles per store.  That sounds like a pretty reasonable amount stock for the PS3 Holiday Bundle. 

The only problem is, there are many more stores that recieved those bundles.  When you count the thousands that went to Best Buys, to Game Stops, and to Radio Shacks, you are going to see that average number dwindle down into the 20s.  Then when you consider the thousands of others going to online retailers like Amazon, as well as the fact that not all the PS3s sold on Black Friday were the Holiday Bundle, that will probably drop those numbers into the low teens.  That just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Why would you assume the ps3 sold around the same as the 360 and wii this week excluding black friday. That assumption alone is ridiculous considering the week before blackfriday the wii and 360 were selling a lot more then the ps3 in America. Considering non blackfriday 360 sales dropped 100k from the previous week, wii sales dropped 50k, and total ps3 sales for the week before black friday were 110k total. The ps3 probably sold under 80k outside blackfriday this week. Considering sony wasn't even willing to announce their black friday numbers, a 300k+ blackfriday is very big.

dsage01 said:
Wow great 360 sales. I'm really starting to wonder if 360 can beat out PS3 globally this year. It's going to be really close between the two. Wii will be below PS3 for the rest of the holidays most likely.

Actually most likely, the wii be ahead of the ps3. December is the one month where the USA is typically around 50% of the entire video game market, and the wii is doing a lot better in America then the PS3 is doing.